Top 10 movies you should watch ... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 10th, 2002, 06:34 AM   #31
ChorizoSmells

anorak: a warm, hooded jacket, worn in artic climates.

must be that little guy who always gets killed, I've only seen one episode, (anal probe!!!) funny stuff.
Old August 10th, 2002, 07:24 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Anorak.
Slang for someone who's hobby is considered Boring by others.
I:E. Train Spotters, Mobile Text freaks. Star Wars fanatics,

Peter.
Peter Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2002, 07:54 AM   #33
Regular Crew

1--The Stunt Man (directed by Richard Rush). Peter O'Toole, Steve Railsback, Barbara Hershey. Slogan: "If God could do the things we do, he's die a happy man."

2--Streets of Fire (directed by Walter Hill). A rock and roll allegory. Michael Pare, Diane Lane, Amy Madigan, Rick Moranis, Willem Defoe. And whatever happened to Deborah Van Falkenberg?

3--Them (Directed by Goron Douglas). Giant ants in New Mexico. It was filmed in color and 3-D but the studio didn't like it and released it in black and white. James Whitmore, James Arness and an early bit part by Leonard Nimoy.

4--Duel (Directed by Steven Spielberg). Made for TV. Dennis Hopper, Cary Loften. Forget the shark. A rusty gasoline tanker truck is a lot scarier.

5--Junior Bonner (Directed by Sam Peckinpaugh). Steve McQueen, Robert Preston. Peckingpaugh's least violent but most human film.

6--Outlaw Josey Wales (Directed by Clint Eastwood). Clint Eastwood, Chief Dan George and the usual Eastwood stock company. The western he should have gotten the Oscar for.

7--The Searchers (Directed by John Ford). John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter. The western.

8--The Day the Earth Stood Still (Directed by Robert Wise). Michael Rennie, Patricia Neal, Hugh Marlowe and a very big robot. "Gort, Klaatu barada nikto."

9--Seven Days in May (Directed by John Frankenheimer). Kirk Douglas, Franchot Tone, Burt Lancaster. Uncle Sam will become General Sam if the military gets its way.

10--Blazing Saddles (Directed by Mel Brooks). Cleavon Little, Harvey Korman, et al. Could he make the movie today in these PC times? No way, but the campfire scene makes it all worth the effort.
Old August 10th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #34
Regular Crew

I think this thread has gotten off its intended path. It started with films we feel guilty about watching because we feel on the most basic level it is poorly made, or in some way undeserving of our admiration, but from which we cannot tear our attention when it is within our view. Hence the term "guilty pleasures". So I will add some more of my own sad stories:

Dutch (I love this movie!)
Escape from N.Y.
The Warriors
Real Genious
The "Emmanuel" Series
Torso ( if you saw this, I bet it was at a drive-in, with Chain Saw Massacre)
One on One (For jocks only)

Academy Award nominees need not apply.
Old August 11th, 2002, 02:28 AM   #35
Wrangler

A couple more of mine.

Chopping Mall
The best shopping mall horror movie next to Dawn of the Dead.

Strange Brew
(take off hoser!)
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2002, 04:27 PM   #36
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric Emerick : I think this thread has gotten off its intended path. It started with films we feel guilty about watching because we feel on the most basic level it is poorly made, or in some way undeserving of our admiration, but from which we cannot tear our attention when it is within our view. Hence the term "guilty pleasures". -->>>

Eric:

The list I posted is my "guilty pleasures" list. My "quality" list always starts with the same film -- Citizen Kane.

Doug

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark