Best movie about movies - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 14th, 2002, 02:10 PM   #16
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric Emerick : Check out Project Greenlight on HBO. It's a serial doc of giving a first time writer/director a million$ budget and a garanteed showing of the finished product. Produced by Matt Damon & Ben Affleck. Interesting and entertaining. I'm not sure how many episodes are left, but it's easy to jump into. -->>>

They are moving into their second season and have changed the format just a bit. Now they are looking for a screenplay writer and a director. Listed below is the link to the site:

http://projectgreenlight.liveplanet.com/
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2002, 03:24 PM   #17
Contributor

I hated Project Greenlight. That "filmmaker" was the biggest whore on the planet. While I'm at it, I think every copy of "State and Main" should be burned. Why? Because they kept offering an Associate Producer credit instead of money to anyone who could help get the film made. That's what I do! Someone I'm trying to use in the future may have seen that film and then the jig is up! Let's all band together now to get "State and Main" banned.

By the way, my favorite line comes from The Big Picture. The young director, played by Kevin Bacon, wants to shoot his movie in black & white and the studio head, played by the great character actor JT Walsh, says "Why? They're just going to colorize it anyway."
Chris Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2002, 03:36 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Your comments on State and Main didn't make any sense to me. Could you clarify?
Old August 14th, 2002, 03:39 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

Well, Marc, he's just jealous... can you blame him?

;-)

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2002, 03:50 PM   #20
Contributor

Marc, I was joking (duh!). Have you seen "State and Main"? It might make more sense if you've actually seen the movie.

Chris, I'm still reeling from that angora sweater crack!

Now what's your favorite line from a movie about movies??
Chris Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2002, 04:26 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Not sure what my favorite quote would be, but the scene from "Bowfinger" where they go to the boarder and wrangle up a crew of illegal aliens is humorous.
Jason Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2002, 09:49 PM   #22
Wrangler

Hi Chris. Yeah, back in the "Scrubs" world again. Great bit of business in this week's episode where Colin Hay (lead singer of Men at Work) keeps popping up in a hospital johnny, wielding an acoustic guitar and singing their song "Overkill". Very random (typically Scrubs-ian). He's a lot of fun. And we just learned that Heather Locklear will be with us for three weeks--gee, THAT's going to suck--not.

I think I like my job.
Old August 18th, 2002, 08:34 AM   #23
Major Player

"Singin in the Rain" is right at the top. If you can eagerly watch a film time after time and never tire of it or see any of it going out of date, it's a great one. "The Gods
Must Be Crazy (#1), is a must-see and "Crumb" is one that seems it would entertain someone who never heard the slogan, "Keep on Truckin'".

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2003, 12:41 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Best movie about movies

Anyone see Entropy? Same director as "The Ref", my favorite Christmas Movie. Entropy is about a Director, that made it big doing U2's videos. It is going to be a classic.. Check it out people.. Don't fall asleep at the wheel on this one..
Jason Pechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2003, 05:13 PM   #25
Inner Circle

>>In a more recent vein, "State and Main" is pretty fun too.

A couple of years ago I worked on a Fox series called "Action" starring Jay Mohr as a a**hole movie producer. That was a great show, any of you guys catch it? We only did half a season before cancellation, but the reruns show up on F/X occasionally.
<<
Saw State and Main, excellent.

Yes I saw Action, I really liked the woman who was the hooker turned production assistant. Her technique for curing writers block was inspiring. Sorry I forgot her name, could you post it?
She was also in some movie about 60's era song writers. I'm just bad with names.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 01:59 PM   #26
Rextilleon

What about Truffaut's Day for Night???
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 03:14 PM   #27
Major Player

Gotta go with Truffaut's Day for Night, Big Picture and S.O.B.
Mark Argerake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #28
Wrangler

<<es I saw Action, I really liked the woman who was the hooker turned production assistant. Her technique for curing writers block was inspiring. Sorry I forgot her name, could you post it?
She was also in some movie about 60's era song writers. I'm just bad with names.>>

Joe, that was Ileana Douglas.
Old January 6th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #29
Inner Circle

State and Mane heads my list, probably followed by The Player, Barton FInk, Day for Night, Oblivion... they're all good.

ANd in its own curious way, "Shakespeare in Love"... think about it. The guy in the rowboat trying to foist off a script, the line, "There's never any profits... OH! I think you might be on to something!" Even the opening credits with the playbill being posted... really a clever send up on the biz.

Bill Angstrom
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #30
Inner Circle

And we just learned that Heather Locklear will be with us for three weeks--gee, THAT's going to suck--not.

<<
Charles, is her butt look as good in person as on screen? I know she's pushing 40, but darn, she still has it.

Okay, don't asnwer that, I don't want you to lose your job. I'll just imagine it is.

Thanks for posting Ileana Douglas' name.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark