War of the Worlds Trailer! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old December 13th, 2004, 05:07 AM   #16
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Yi Fong Yu : min. report was ridiculous. interesting message/premise but the execution is lacking. his modern movies do not contain the heart nor emotional impact of his earlier films. they're the titles you mentioned.

have you read the original brian aldiss short story supertoys last all summer long? now THAT was awesome story but AI's execution was terrible... especially that ending. again it lacked heart.

i really think spielberg is backlashing against all those people who thinks his ET movies pull the hearstring 2 manipulatively... but i say THAT'S THE POINT of cinema! what better way to get you to care about the characters. -->>>

I thought Minority Report had a great execution.
I agree on the ending of AI though.

And you can't expect every Spielberg movie to be a classic. My opinion is that the man made so many classics already, he doesn't have to prove anymore he's a genius :-).
His movies still are top movies on a technical level, and I will agree that Catch me if you can didn't had a superbe storyline, but I think that a movie doesn't need a great storyline to be good either. Hey, look at ET :-) Kid meets alien, they become friends.
I know that's very simplified, it's hard crushing for me to simplify what I consider as a masterpiece as spielbergfan :-p but just making my point ;-)

But it's only my opinion ofcourse :-) I'm not objective, I'm a big fan of the man, so :-)

Ow well, as long as we all still love to see movies.
BTW: I agree on the Tom Cruise affair: don't judge the man if you don't know him. And what if it was true from The Last Sumurai, doesn't he has the right to say the truth then without being a Egomaniac?
If you really want to see a egomaniac... look at Orlando Bloom :-p Okay, but I can't say that, because else I would also be judging somebody I didn't know, so.
Forget what I said :-)
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:48 AM   #17
RED Code Chef

Thanks for the explenation on the teaser/trailer. I actually like it
when the footage in the trailer intrigues you and then actually
didn't spoil anything from the movie. So it is a good thing that
footage isn't from the movie! Cool!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:02 AM   #18
Regular Crew

WOTW

I saw the set in Naugatuck CT, Its supposed to be the last section of the movie at a old factory. I live about 35 minutes from there. They also filmed in Athens NY I used to live there 2 years ago. I went up to athens last Wednesday with my GL2 to get some shots of the set etc. There was a camera news crew there alos taking some shots of the ferry. The road was closed a block from where we were standing and the ferry was another 2 blocks away, and this guy came out of no where and said we have to stop filming its a closed set. We both said, well the road is closed off a block away and there is no signs around here, if its a closed set than you ahouls have the whole area blocked off so no one can get this close. Hes like sorry, you have to contach one of our people and have him/her with you. Plus you can not air this on the news also.

Weird huh. I understand though, there making a movie and do not want anyone showing it off yet.

It was neat to see my old town of Athens all closed off and huge lights and Hollywood Trailers around. I was an extra in a movie myself back in 1998, in October Sky.
Kevin Galliford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #19
Major Player

Click my sig to see some photos we snapped:)
Nick Medrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2005, 10:19 AM   #20
Regular Crew

well i don't know what to expect from this movie. with david koepp(remember snaka eyes or panic room?) as screenwriter the ending might be very ugly(even though it's adapted from a book).
Yohann Kouam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:35 AM   #21
Major Player

An ugly ending is what the book is all about:)
Nick Medrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM   #22
Inner Circle

BTW: do people actually know that Spielberg said in an interview that the supersentimental ending from A.I. was actually written by Stanley Kubrick and not Steven Spielberg, in contrary to many beliefs?
No one can check it offcourse, but if Spielberg already admitted many times he knows many people say he's too sentimental and that he doesn't really care about it because that's just his nature, why would he lie about that?
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark