DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   War of the Worlds Trailer! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/36198-war-worlds-trailer.html)

Nick Medrano December 10th, 2004 01:56 PM

War of the Worlds Trailer!

Wow. I got chills on this one. Anyone else?

http://www.waroftheworldsfilm.com

Yi Fong Yu December 10th, 2004 02:10 PM

it's ok. no scenes from the movie.

Imran Zaidi December 10th, 2004 03:37 PM

Cool - I'm glad they used the original narration for the introduction. I'll only accept this thing if Spielberg sticks to the real story and what made it memorable...

Mathieu Ghekiere December 10th, 2004 07:00 PM

I don't doubt Spielberg ;-)

Rob Lohman December 11th, 2004 06:38 AM

I thought it was a nice little teaser, caught my attention!

Yi: why do you think these aren't scenes from the film?

Marco Leavitt December 11th, 2004 09:38 AM

Interesting they're showing a trailer when they haven't even finished filming yet. I know because they're filming part of the production in my area even as I type this. It's odd how often movies get shot here. They filmed the "Time Machine" literally right behind our building. It was a pain getting to work. I had to compete with horse drawn carriages on their way to and from the set. No kidding. I believe parts of the "Age of Innocence" were filmed here as well, but that was before my time.

Mathieu Ghekiere December 11th, 2004 10:38 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Marco Leavitt : Interesting they're showing a trailer when they haven't even finished filming yet. -->>>

Actually, Marco, in Hollywood it is a habbit to make a trailer when shooting is not over yet. Not always but sometimes, that's why some trailers look completely different or some images look completely diffirent in the trailer then in the final product.

If you see Spielberg by the way, tell him I'm his greatest fan and that he's a genius ;-)

Nick Medrano December 11th, 2004 08:19 PM

Just read from The War of the Worlds Movie Site that the trailer was shot sometime BEFORE they went into production for the film. So, he's right.

Yi Fong Yu December 11th, 2004 09:15 PM

it's pretty obvious there are no footages from the movie... there's no tom cruise!!! =P. he's an egomaniac.

anyway i think this one COULD bomb just like spielberg's last 2 SF movies AI & Minority Report. =(. the guy is going downhills artistically.

Mathieu Ghekiere December 12th, 2004 06:47 AM

I thought Minority Report was fantastic, and Artificial Intelligence just needed some repeat viewings to fully apreciate it (my opinion).

Did you look at those shots and lightning in Minority Report?
Woaw :-)

I only didn't like The Terminal. I have no clue why he made it.
Catch me if you can was pretty enjoyable with some great shots, but not REAL spielberg material.

But hey, I still think the guy is a genius :-D

Yi Fong Yu December 12th, 2004 01:57 PM

min. report was ridiculous. interesting message/premise but the execution is lacking. his modern movies do not contain the heart nor emotional impact of his earlier films. they're the titles you mentioned.

have you read the original brian aldiss short story supertoys last all summer long? now THAT was awesome story but AI's execution was terrible... especially that ending. again it lacked heart.

i really think spielberg is backlashing against all those people who thinks his ET movies pull the hearstring 2 manipulatively... but i say THAT'S THE POINT of cinema! what better way to get you to care about the characters.

John Hudson December 12th, 2004 04:48 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Yi Fong Yu : he's an egomaniac.
-->>>

You know Tom Cruise?

Yi Fong Yu December 12th, 2004 10:50 PM

don't tell me you dunno that tom is an egomaniac? it's obvious from all his interviews w/media. for example he was on jay leno once for last samurai he literally said, "so i was just training for this movie and my muscles just wouldn't fit my shirt." both the audience and jay gave pause. then there's the EW interview with him bragging about how he's doing this interview, making business deals and flying a jet (on autopilot) by himself. he's so full of it.

and don't gimme that ya can't judge someone by its cover, bla bla bla, with tom it's pretty transparent.

Imran Zaidi December 13th, 2004 12:58 AM

I don't think it's anybody's place to make comments about the truth behind someone if you don't know them personally. I don't think any of us here do, and this isn't E-TV, or Celebrity Gossip Quarterly, so let's keep this on topic.

Comment on Tom Cruise's body of work sure, but let's leave the ugly stuff to the paparazzi.

John Hudson December 13th, 2004 01:52 AM

Can't say I know him; can't judge him. Sorry Yi :/

I agree Imran.