DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The DOOM Feature Film (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/37588-doom-feature-film.html)

Joshua Starnes January 10th, 2005 12:27 PM

The DOOM Feature Film

They're making a feature film version of the Doom video games in Prague with The Rock and Karl Urban. Universal is sending me to the set for a day to interview the filmmakers and write up a story on it.

It's my first trip to a big budget film set and I'm pretty excited.

Rick Bravo January 10th, 2005 12:56 PM

Yikes!

If the film is half as scary as the game, they're going to have to hand out toilet paper and diapers at the door!

Have fun!

RB

Hendy Witanto January 10th, 2005 01:55 PM

Hi,
It is very nice to read that somebody from this great forum is going to my "home" country...
If You will need some help (with translations, taxi drivers :) and ect.. ) contact me...

H.W.

Keith Loh January 10th, 2005 02:23 PM

Ask them why the movie isn't set on Mars and the creatures aren't from Hell.

Aaron Koolen January 10th, 2005 03:54 PM

Budget didn't allow for a spaceship....

Joshua Starnes January 10th, 2005 04:32 PM

They're budget's pretty good - about $70 million - but they've toned it down a lot from the game so that they can hit a PG-13 rating.

Dylan Couper January 10th, 2005 04:42 PM

Wusses.... Doom DESERVES a strong R rating.

And what Keith said.

Still, pretty cool gig!

Yi Fong Yu January 10th, 2005 10:52 PM

if you search around the game sites (yesh i'm a hardcore PC gamer since waaay back from the wolfenstein, doom, quake days) they all say this idea SUX, no matter how good the film turns out. heck, even the writer of the film has emailed an apology to the gamers! hahahha. it's already a bomb. sorry josh =(.

they're making a film that already has been made... it's called... RESIDENT EVIL!

Glenn Gipson January 11th, 2005 05:33 AM

PG-13 will always be the financial sweet spot for studios, so any mass market studio project is probably going to be PG-13.

Joshua Starnes January 31st, 2005 11:50 AM

I'm back from Prague. It went really well, unfortunately I'm under embargo until this summer from talking about it.

I can say, though, that the internet sites are mostly wrong about the movie. It's going to be rated R and is more like Aliens than Resident Evil.

And Keith, just for you, I did ask one of the producers why the creatures aren't from Hell and why the movie isn't set on Mars.

Yi Fong Yu January 31st, 2005 01:55 PM

hi josh,

do you know if they shot this in the same district of prague as blade2 (hint it's on the bonus DVD)?

Keith Loh January 31st, 2005 02:34 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Joshua Starnes :
And Keith, just for you, I did ask one of the producers why the creatures aren't from Hell and why the movie isn't set on Mars. -->>>

Annndd.... the answer is embargoed?

Joshua Starnes January 31st, 2005 02:36 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Yi Fong Yu : hi josh,

do you know if they shot this in the same district of prague as blade2 (hint it's on the bonus DVD)? -->>>

I don't know if they used the same studio space as Blade 2 (it's almost all studio) but I do know that they shot in the same stuido as AVP.

Joshua Starnes January 31st, 2005 02:38 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Loh : <<<-- Originally posted by Joshua Starnes :
And Keith, just for you, I did ask one of the producers why the creatures aren't from Hell and why the movie isn't set on Mars. -->>>

Annndd.... the answer is embargoed? -->>>

For the moment, yes.

Keith Loh January 31st, 2005 04:26 PM

Tease.