HBO Unscripted - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old February 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #16
Trustee

Enterprise is cancelled? Man I was just starting to get into it.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #17
Trustee

yesh ent is canceled sadly,

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/9469.html

meanwhile, the latest episode of unscripted is pretty funny. it gave you voiceovers for everyone's mind. krista's worried about the audition while everyone else is worried about how sexy she is. very funny....
Old February 4th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Imran, there is an effort to keep it on the air. You can go to
trekweb.com and find out how. It happened with Angel and others. But still, they really need a break for awhile.
I think they really killed the franchise with Voyager and Enterprise couldn't pull it back.

They've already said there will be another series. Too much money to be made not to have one.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #19
Trustee

where'd you hear there's another series? i think everything is on hold for now.
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #20
Inner Circle

the producer said that there will be another series, but he didn't say when, just that Star Trek needs to step back and think about things. Too bad too, since this season is the best written yet for the Enterprise series. Plus the 'true believers' who try to hold the series hostage with their version of Star Trek should be (Mainly hippie type 60s stuff) had a hand in it's demise. Two really bad theatrical releases did't help either.

But there will be another seires within 5 years.
Old February 5th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #21
Trustee

Joe, I couldn't find any info on an attempt to keep it on the air. I read some stuff about what the producers said, and it really sounds like they're going to stop it regardless. Either way, it would be good to know of a way to keep it on the air - I agree that Voyager (and the recent theatrical releases) really did ruin things. I always considered Voyager like "Star Trek for Dummies". It made no sense half the time and the writing and acting was just terrible.
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Imran, the web site to check out is
www.saveenterprise.com to get further info. There is a movment by the fans to pay for season 5. If they pull it off, it will be the first time in TV history that has been done.
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #23
Trustee

we should make another thread about enterprise/star trek if need be. fans paying for a show will never happen. they can't even pay for ONE episode!

re: Unscripted, the sex scenes are pretty obvious and staged. imho, it's getting a bit out of hand by this time. it's still good, the struggles between teacher/student/fame+fortune vs art. anyway i watch it for krista allen!!! woo hoo! she's so damn hot.
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #24
Inner Circle

I sent 15.00 towards the ad in usatoday. They've raised 9K so far. Besides, very little to lose. They are asking for 12.00 from each fan, more if you are a celebrity. Stranger things have happened. Would be cool if they pulled it off.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 03:56 PM   #25
Trustee

back to topic @hand, anyone see season finale? that was interesting, when you become a bigger star you start distancing yourself. i really wonder how much is real and how mcuh is fake inthe show. i mean frank langhella's character is obviously fake... after all, who agrees to have their illicit (and illegal) student-teacher relationships be on display.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 04:59 PM   #26
Trustee

From a transcript I read of Krista Allen's chat on HBO, some of the situations are the real deal, but for the most part, it's unscripted randomness.

Sorry for the bounce back to Enterprise - looks like someone donated $3million! This would be crazy if it works.

http://www.saveenterprise.com/3m_contribution.htm
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:21 PM   #27
Trustee

yesh, why don't we start a thread about enterprise, please post all trek-related stuff here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=40483

re: unscripted, i hope they continue for 2nd season. i enjoyed all the celebrity run-arounds =^). very funny.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark