JJ Abram's Lost (TV Show). *Spoiler FREE* at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old April 19th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #1
Trustee

JJ Abram's Lost (TV Show). *Spoiler FREE*

i just got all caught up from episode 1 all the way through episode 20 (the most recent). all i can say is WOW!!! this is an amazing piece of TV series. there's so much mystery behind each characters!
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Wrangler

Next to last year's season of ER, Lost may be the most arresting story-driven drama series on network television in a decade.

My take? If the title is any hint, the island is all the characters' hell for their failings in life. Lost = Perdition.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #3
Trustee

Abrams dismissed the popularly held theory that the castaways are stranded in Purgatory, though he claimed to like the idea reports Zap2It. He confirmed that even he "would be an absolute liar if I said every single thing was planned out from the beginning".

Old April 19th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #4
Wrangler

Yep. Not in purgatory. No hope for redemption. Yay!

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #5
Air China Pilot

I've watched "Lost" since the beginning. Very good writing. The first episode with Locke (please no spoilers for those who haven't seen it) was one of the most memorable TV episodes I've seen for any show.

Hopefully the overall mystery leads somewhere.
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Loh
I've watched "Lost" since the beginning. Very good writing. The first episode with Locke (please no spoilers for those who haven't seen it) was one of the most memorable TV episodes I've seen for any show.

Hopefully the overall mystery leads somewhere.
I agree - I liked the show before, but that's what really hooked me.

"Don't tell me what I can't do!"
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #7
Air China Pilot

Joshua there are many shows now that have superb elements and rate high on the entertainment value. The shows that reach beyond that touch you emotionally and strike a memorable chord. This is one of these.
Old April 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #8
Trustee

my fav aspect is the idea that you have a group of characters that we know nothing about but behave a certain manner that makes use want to know them more. it's like the sawyer character, why is he a "survivor"? he keeps secrets and divulges them only when he sees benefits. i just hate that about a person. it's similar to desperate housewives where a mystery keeps you watching. the "hook".
Old April 20th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #9
Air China Pilot

One of the keys to creating a solid character is to have someone who has contradictions.

For example, Adolf Hitler. Is it more interesting to show him as an evil demagogue only? Isn't it more interesting to show him as a demagogue who also is an animal lover, who is adored by those closest to him, yet is capable of ordering the deaths of all his followers and those he despises.

The people in life as well as in art who are the least interesting are those who appear only as their facades. Why would you want to get to know people who you know instantly from the first meeting?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark