DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Devil's Rejects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/47918-devils-rejects.html)

John Hudson July 18th, 2005 12:17 PM

The Devil's Rejects

I'm hyped for this film opening the 22nd. Obviously not for the squeamish; any taker's?

http://www.thedevilsrejects.com/

K. Forman July 18th, 2005 01:23 PM

I have a new found respect for Rob Zombie. House of 1000 corpses, while not the best cinematic offering, was very entertaining and original. Zombie has even started his own studio to do animation, comics, and films. What a dream job!

John Hudson July 18th, 2005 01:56 PM

My sentiments exactly.

I just recently watched House of a 1000 Corpses and loved it. A highly original horror film; campy, rock-a-billy, carnivale', grindhouse.

I loved it. Rob's a talented dude. I saw him recently on Conan and was impressed. He was eloquent, quick-witted and insightful.

He's living the dream for sure.

K. Forman July 18th, 2005 02:08 PM

I even enjoyed the menus for House

John Hudson July 18th, 2005 03:09 PM

Haha

Yeah... Me too. (Especially the Sheri Moon one's.)

Christopher C. Murphy July 18th, 2005 03:14 PM

I did a session with White Zombie many years ago. He was really cool...and we talked about growing up in Mass. He lives in Framingham which is close to where I grew up. (not sure if he still lives there) He's out there with his "art", but interestingly he quite down to earth in person.

Also, a few years after working with him I went to his Universal Halloween theme park thing in Los Angeles. (in 2000 I think?) It was the BEST thing ever at a theme park. He designed the whole thing based on the house film. There were wackos running around with chainsaws (minus the chains) chasing people over the whole park. It was pretty crazy, but the most fun I've ever had at a theme park.

I hope he does something like that again. He should open a haunted house somewhere...he's great at theatrics!

John Hudson July 18th, 2005 09:05 PM

That sounds like a blast C Murph!

John Hudson July 23rd, 2005 12:11 PM

Saw it.

Loved it.

Wow.

It's been awhile since I have been this pumped on a film. Probally Dawn of the Dead 04 is the last time I was super-jazzed over a film. Take the best reviews out there and this is how I feel about it. A fun ride. Different from the normal crap Hollywood puts out. This is one of the better films I have seen in a long time.

Tyler Baptist July 23rd, 2005 06:45 PM

I saw this opening night, being a fan of HO1KC, and I've been awaiting this for a long time. Hotdang that was one rough ride!! This is the movie horror fans have been waiting for since the damn 70's ended! Period. This is probably the first movie I've ever seen where I've actually felt disgusted at some points, and that's where this movie has balls! Brutal, violent, sadistic, darkly humourous, and flat out acted and shot to perfection. It gets in and under your brain and stays there the whole trip. The score and soundtrack fit the scenes amazingly so. A solid 10 out of 10. Take your ma and pa, and enjoy the one-way trip to Hell! But be weary, this movie ain't for everyone; if your even moderately offendable stay away. If your squeamish to violence, blood, and brutality, stay farther away. But if you wanna see a movie that's not some watered-down Hollywood teen-scream fest, and want something that goes all out, hardcored balls-to-the-wall 70's exploitation, see this movie.

I picked up the soundtrack today, and it kicks all kinds of butt.

John Hudson July 23rd, 2005 06:56 PM

Nice take Tyler!

This is probally the coolest 'Horror' film I have ever seen. This ranks up there with Halloween and Texas Chainsaw fror my book. Yes; there were a couple parts where even I was like "Oh now thats not cool.."

Great film. The ballsiest film in years and nothing like the PG13 Nancy Horror Hollywood puts out these days. Rob Zombie is the real deal.

K. Forman July 23rd, 2005 07:19 PM

I'm still waiting for Alice Cooper to do some films.

Cory Cone July 23rd, 2005 08:07 PM

When I found out that Rob was doing a sequel, I was overcome by joy. When I saw the movie last night I was not disappointed one bit! It's even better than House of 1000 Corpses.

The Devil's Rejects is quite different than House of 1000 Corpses so I kind of find it hard to say which is better. I think Rob learned a lot directing House of 1000 Corpses and it shows a lot in The Devil's Rejects.

I'm glad that Rob didn't tone anything down. All that nudity reminded me of what horrors were like back in the day, and how about the gore, very cool.

Rob's ability to pick songs for his movies is amazing. They just give his movies a great feel, I think. Who would have thought Free Bird could have been used in a horror movie and it would seem wrong to have any other song in its place?

Anyways, if you're a horror fan see this movie.

Matt Stahley July 23rd, 2005 11:13 PM

Everything is great about this film.Sid Haig still rules! Any fan of 70s gore/exploitation will love it no doubt.First time I've been to the theater in years.Thanks Mr. Zombie!

Travis Maynard July 26th, 2005 02:04 AM

I found the dialog to be the best thing to come out of the movie. He should definitely stick with his dialog in upcoming movies, cause it's hilarious.

Sid Haig rules for sure.

I don't know about anyone else but I though House of 1000 Corpses was almost a Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. A lot of the plot moves in the same way. I felt that The Devil's Reject was much more original.

You wont see a Bonnie and Clyde Horror very often, he did well on that part.

I thought there was far too much nudity that wasn't really needed. Most guys wouldn't complain, but It just feels to me like he was trying to hard to flaunt nudity everywhere.

Overall I think it was better then House Of 1000 Corpses. It had a very authentic 70's feel to it. The film even looked like it was shot in the 70's. Overall, I wasn't extremely impressed.

Like some of you have said Rob takes the film where most of todays horror films would never go. If your into the gore, then Rob Zombie is the best around right now. He builds his charachters well and they are very sick individuals.

I am eager to see what direction he goes next. I believe he said this will be the final film of that series. He will be heading to something completely new next.

We'll just have to wait and see.