Robin Hood. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 17th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Robin Hood.

Saw Robin Hood and enjoyed it .. complete with zooms. Here's interesting insights why they did that and other things. A lot to do with shooting the scenes with multiple cameras and doing it in available light and budget. Enjoy.

The ASC -- American Cinematographer: Slings and Arrows

Cheers.
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Major Player

I enjoyed it too, a lot of people are saying its long and boring and the action only comes at the end. I watched it on my projector in the comfort of my bedroom ,I can see where they're coming from if they sat in a cinema through it. I think its a film for the house rather than a night out.

Andy.
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I make it a point these days to avoid ridley scott movies in theaters. Not becuase I dislike him (quite the opposite, he's among my favs) but becuase I know the theatrical cuts of RS movies are usually REALLY inferior to the directors cut.

I havent seen the Robin Hood directors cut yet, can anyone give any insight as to how much better it is than the theatrical?
Rick Presas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Re: Robin Hood.

Bit late but here's another insight ...

Sex In A Submarine: Robbing From The Poor (Writer)

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark