The Island. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:15 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I haven't seen the island yet so on that I can't give much of an opinion.

And what's all this bay hate thing. I was once also like this, but since I saw the bombing sequence of pearl harbor I think bay has his qualities. some directors can do things better than other things. So he is bad at telling a story but If you see the bombing sequens of ph you are astonished by the visual talent he has but ofcourse most people ignore this because it doesn't fit into their opinion and they want to stick in the everyday opinion of most people saying he is a dumb***. For me he is a good director but not all the way trough.
Dimitri De Keukelaere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:47 AM   #17
Air China Pilot

Dimitri, I agree.

He makes things blow up good.

His storytelling largely sucks.

It's where you put your priorities. A sandwich that has all of the elements but thrown every which way onto your plate is not a sandwich worth paying for IMO. To me the story is what makes a great meal more than the sum of its elements. It is the arrangement.

To use another metaphor, a symphonic score can contain parts for a full orchestra but if the arrangement is bad, then it sounds like a cacophony.

A great night of sex starts with foreplay and then ends with a shared climax leaving both parties satisfied.

I could go on and on. :)
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM   #18
Trustee

it's almost like you need him to team up and direct with someone like chris nolan to direct character sequences... but when the action starts, BRING BAY IN! =). i think that'd be a classic action flick, BAY+Nolan, lol!
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:56 PM   #19
Regular Crew

100 procent agree with you. hehe I was thinking just the same a couple of hours ago :-)
Dimitri De Keukelaere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:25 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Loh
A great night of sex starts with foreplay and then ends with a shared climax leaving both parties satisfied.

I could go on and on. :)
You are sure you're still talking about the movie, right ;-) ?
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:36 PM   #21
Air China Pilot

wh- what? Movie?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 07:21 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Loh
wh- what? Movie?
LOL, héhé :-D
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark