Predators at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old September 24th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Predators

dont waste you're time, for someone to take a great film and do this to it is just wrong. Its just a bunch of guys running about a forrest and talking to eachother.................you ever watched a fishing documentary where they dont catch any fish or a boxing match where no punches are thrown well this is just as dissapointing. Its an abomination and an insult to the good name that is predator.

And thats all i have to say about that.

Andy.
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I gotta disagree. I think this is the ONLY redeeming entry into the Predator Franchise SINCE the original.

The action scenes were very well done, and the movie kept a solid pace. The special effects were tasteful. The acting was decent at least by the central characters, and the storyline, while simple, told what I found to be a pretty enjoyable story.
Rick Presas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Sure we were watching the same film? i watched it as far as when fishburne dies and i turned it off, it was as if the predators were sub characters, you never got to see them do anything....unless all the action was after the part i turned off in which case all the action was a fart at the end and thats not cool either.

What was Fishburnes part all about anyway....it was as if he was walking by the set one day and said hey i'll join in, there was no need for that part.

But if you enjoyed it thats cool, just saying i found it boring.

Andy
Old September 25th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Graham View Post
Sure we were watching the same film? i watched it as far as when fishburne dies and i turned it off, it was as if the predators were sub characters, you never got to see them do anything....
Andy
But that's why the original Predator worked so well, we never really saw much of the Predator. Ditto for Alien and even Forbidden Planet.

I agree with you that Fishburne's character was superfluous but generally I thought it was a good reboot of the franchise.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Graham View Post
Its an abomination and an insult to the good name that is predator
Amen!

-----
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Regular Crew

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its an abomination and an insult to the good name that is predator
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the "good name" was pretty much soiled by the sequel, and both AVP's, and pretty much ANYTHING featuring the character SINCE the original movie.

if anything, I'd say this movie made at least some stride to take the "good name" out of the crapper.
Rick Presas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Trustee

True, the sequel was uncanny.

Still, Glover was a joy, Predator vs Old Lady With The Broom was a classic scene (plus of course Predator operating on himself was awesome too), and the alien ship (plus its departure) were very impressive.

With this new one however, as soon as I saw fake a$$ alien sky panorama shot, it immediately went downhill for me.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Major Player

predator 2 was class, 1 and 2 were scary the rest were not. I think we'll all agree that this dead horse has been flogged enough..............no more predator films are needed.

Last edited by Andy Graham; September 30th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Andy Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark