Saw a great movie called Time Changer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old November 13th, 2002, 07:58 AM   #1
Madalyn Jones

Saw a great movie called Time Changer

This is a very good film, not so much for the technical quality, but the story is excellent. I highly recommend it to everyone. If you can find this in your area, go watch it!!!!
Old November 13th, 2002, 08:21 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

"Outside Austin, Texas"?...hmmm...now let me see... Manor? Round Rock? Lockhart? Getting warm?

Madalyn, I claim Austin as my adopted hometown (despite living 7,000 miles away now). And I went to school in San Marcos...the city whose claim to fame is that it's the home of Chris Hurd.

I'll keep an eye out for the movie.
Old November 20th, 2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Madalyn Jones

Try southwest of Austin. I'm outside of Driftwood. Originally from Austin, I've been here for almost 19 years now. :)

Don't feel bad if you haven't heard of Driftwood, it's a tiny town - if you blink you'll miss it!
Old November 20th, 2002, 09:21 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Could you tell me if this science fiction, or something else? Thanks.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2002, 10:11 PM   #5
Madalyn Jones

It's more fiction based on fact, with futuristic overtones.
Old November 21st, 2002, 10:46 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Thanks. Next time I'm at my specialty video shop, I'll see if they have it so that I can for rent it.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2002, 09:32 PM   #7
ChorizoSmells

I too once lived outside of Austin, in Cedar Park, went to Leander H.S. for six months before moving into Austin.

One thing about living in Japan is that it is hard to find those good movies/videos. They usually only carry the big blockbusters, that movie sounds interesting, I'm still looking for a movie my friend told me about, it's called The Omega Man, with Charleston Heston.
Old November 22nd, 2002, 09:37 PM   #8
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by chorizosmells : One thing about living in Japan is that it is hard to find those good movies/videos. They usually only carry the big blockbusters, that movie sounds interesting, I'm still looking for a movie my friend told me about, it's called The Omega Man, with Charleston Heston. -->>>

Funny you should mention that movie. A friend and I are going back and forth about it in email. When it first came out, it used to scare the crap out of me. The Brotherhood still creep me out with their freaky looking eyes.

It is well worth seeing.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2002, 12:18 PM   #9
Major Player

I lived in Galveston Texas for awhile. We drove over to the hill country of Texas a few times. It's a nice place. I'd like to get my Harley down there!!!
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2002, 12:37 PM   #10
Major Player

I couldn't agree with you more regarding riding. We have been all over these parts on our motorcycles. What is the riding like up in your neck of the woods?
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2002, 03:28 AM   #11
Wrangler

Interesting fact about The Omega Man. After being permitted to shoot, no special street-blocking precautions were taken to achieve the post-apocalyptic empty city street scenes. Downtown L.A. really does look that vacant on a Sunday. And while I've never read this, I think they didn't even need to dress the set: there really are littered newspapers blowing around like tumbleweeds too.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark