The Movie Quote Game - Page 109 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old September 10th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #1621
Major Player

Naked Gun #1 was in '88, so I'm guessing this is from a flick around 2008. Seems I've heard the line from a trailer, but I got nothin...
To me anyways it's kind of a sappy line from a chick flick.
Looked online at the top flicks from 2008, picked one that may have had this line.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #1622
Trustee

Hi Bill,

Went the wrong way, try 1968. I don't think it would be considered a chick flick. The movie is a remake of a movie by another title that was again later remade after this remake. Did that confuse you enough??? :)

The line was said when the husband was bringing his wife to the hospital to deliver a baby.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #1623
Major Player

Whoa, half a century off the mark, and not a chick flick.
...taking foot out of mouth....
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #1624
Trustee

I don't think they officially made "chick flicks" back then. This would be classified as a comedy. Tim Matheson and Morgan Brittany were in it in supporting roles.

Garrett
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #1625
Trustee

hmmm...no more guesses?

Well, one more round of clues and then I'll jump to another movie.

I think this is one of only two movies that Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball made together. The other one was in 1942 called "The Big Street".

-Garrett
Old September 12th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #1626
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Low View Post
hmmm...no more guesses?

Well, one more round of clues and then I'll jump to another movie.

I think this is one of only two movies that Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball made together. The other one was in 1942 called "The Big Street".

-Garrett
Okay, maybe this is cheating a little bit, but I'm going to have to guess two movies at the same time because now that you have posted that last clue, I can identify it as either:

"Yours, Mine & Ours" or "With Six You Get Eggroll". I know that both movies were made around the same time, and with a similar basic premise, and I haven't seen either one of them in decades, so I can't identify them by their quotes. But I know that one of them starred Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda, while the other starred Doris Day and.....I can't even remember the co-star.

So, I'm guessing both titles here, knowing that one of them will stick.

-Jon
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #1627
Obstreperous Rex

I believe Jonathan is right; it is "Yours, Mine & Ours." Great quote, by the way, for Garrett.

"With Six You Get Eggroll" is the same story but stars Doris Day and Brian Keith.

Thanks for the memories!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #1628
Trustee

Jonathan is indeed correct. It is "Yours, Mine and Ours". With Six you get Eggroll came out the same year and was basically the same story. A case of Hollywood studios competing for the same audience.

The original movie of large families combining was "Cheaper By The Dozen", a 1950 movie that was based on the real life of Frank Gilbreth who wrote the novel by the same title. Both Cheaper by the dozen and Yours, Mine and Ours were remade in 2003 and 2005 respectively.

Of all of the large families getting together movies I like the Henry Fonda, Lucille Ball Yours Mine and Ours best. Whenever I see that movie it reminds me of how good of an actress Lucille Ball actually was.

And thanks Chris, that's one of those movie lines that has always stuck with me and still rings true after 17 years of marriage.

OK Jonathan, it's back over to you.

-Garrett
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #1629
Trustee

Quote:

OK Jonathan, it's back over to you.

-Garrett
I will post one when I get back in from class tonight. Just heading out now,

-Jon
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1630
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Of all of the large families getting together movies I like the Henry Fonda, Lucille Ball Yours Mine and Ours best. Whenever I see that movie it reminds me of how good of an actress Lucille Ball actually was.
Fully agreed. It's always very hard for me to resist taking the time to watch Y,M&O when it airs
on Turner Classics, which it does frequently. I also loved her a lot in "The Long, Long Trailer."

Old September 13th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #1631
Trustee

Okay, here's the next one. It will probably go pretty quick, this is a classic that has been much discussed on this site. The exchange is from a very dramatic scene with a rather chilling delivery.

Character 1:"What you saw wasn't [redacted]."

Character 2: "But it was, I tell you!"

Character 1: "What you saw was a buck wearin' [redacted]'s dress. I found [redacted] back in the canyon. Wrapped her in my coat, buried her with my own hands. I thought it best to keep it from ya."

Character 2: "Did they....was she..."

Character 1: (yelling) What do you want me to do, draw you a picture? Spell it out? Don't ever ask me! Long as you live, don't ever ask me!"
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #1632
Obstreperous Rex

Ahhh... that's a great movie, Jonathan. One of the best westerns of all time, and a personal favorite.

It is, of course, The Searchers. A classic from 1956 by John Ford.

Character 1 is John Wayne; Character 2 is Jeff Hunter. Lucy is the subject of conversation.

Old September 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #1633
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Ahhh... that's a great movie, Jonathan. One of the best westerns of all time, and a personal favorite.

It is, of course, The Searchers. A classic from 1956 by John Ford.

Character 1 is John Wayne; Character 2 is Jeff Hunter. Lucy is the subject of conversation.
It is indeed the Searchers. I think, for me this is probably the 2nd most memorable scene in the whole film. (the 1st being the final shot - and the 3rd being the rundown just before the end.) Hard to say though - there are so many powerful scenes in it, layered on top of non-stop breathtaking cinematography. Truly an incredible film.

John Wayne's delivery in this scene (quoted) trying to restrain his anguish, contrasted with Jeff Hunters optimism and ignorance leading him on, made for a tense few chilling moments and a very powerful scene.

Your turn. Chris.

-Jon
Old September 15th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #1634
Obstreperous Rex

Officer: "What's in the trunk?"

Driver: "Oh... you don't want to look in there."

Old September 15th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #1635
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Officer: "What's in the trunk?"

Driver: "Oh... you don't want to look in there."
Is it "Repo Man" ?

-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark