The Movie Quote Game - Page 110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old September 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #1636
Obstreperous Rex

Indeed it is -- all yours Jonathan,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #1637
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Indeed it is -- all yours Jonathan,
Awesome, and I hadn't even seen that movie since it first came out, but it was still the first movie that popped into my head when I read your quote.

I'll post my next one up shortly.

-Jon
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #1638
Trustee

This one is from just a couple of years ago:

Character 1: "Now, I know what you're going to say, but the fact is, you've been making us all look bad."

Character 2: "I'm sorry, sir?"

Character 1: "Course, we all appreciate your efforts, but you've been rather letting the side down."

Character 3: "It's all about being a team player, [redacted]."

Character 4: "You can't be the Sheriff of London."

Character 1: "If we let you carry on running 'round town, you'll continue to be exceptional, and we can't have that. You'll put us all out of a job."

Character 2: "With respect, sir, you can't just make people disappear."

Character 1: "Yes I can, I'm the Chief Inspector."

That's it.
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #1639
Major Player

I believe that's Simon Pegg and three other actors whose names escape me (I think Bill Nighy was Chief Inspector, but I can't recall off the top of my head) discussing Pegg's character Nick something-or-other's future in "Hot Fuzz".
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #1640
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
I believe that's Simon Pegg and three other actors whose names escape me (I think Bill Nighy was Chief Inspector, but I can't recall off the top of my head) discussing Pegg's character Nick something-or-other's future in "Hot Fuzz".
You are correct. It is "Hot Fuzz", and the scene is near the beginning when they are re-assigning Nicholas to a small village in the country.

Your turn.

-Jon
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #1641
Major Player

Hot Fuzz was great, really unforgettable gunplay in that movie.

Have at this one:

Character 1: (motions to boombox) Mikey didn't tell you about these?

Character 2: What?

Character 1: You can't use these.

Character 2: Why not?

Character 1: Rule one: Music creates sonic vibrations. Vibrations jiggle spooge dust into the air. Gets into the air, it gets into your lungs. This the kind of music you plan on listening to here, buddy?

Character 2: Yeah.

Character 1: Yeah, yeah, you trying to kill us all? Put it away, or play something else, man, like Yanni, or John Tesh or something, all right? I'll see you guys at lunch. Going down deep!

Character 3: Later.

Character 2: Who's Yanni?

I can think of someone here who should know this scene right out of the gate, though I certainly understand if they want to give other people a chance at answering first.
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #1642
Trustee

OMG. A movie I was hoping to never remember again. Who would have ever thought that a "horror" movie about an asbestos cleaning crew in an old abandoned mental hospital would ever get funding. But it did. And it even has one of my least favorite actors (sorry to anyone who I may offend who likes David Caruso).

Session 9

If this movie can get funding why can't my movie about mutated pumpkins that come to life to carve themselves into Jack-O-Lanterns and go on a killing spree every Halloween get funding????

-Garrett

...sorry to offend anyone who likes this movie but I'm still on my rant about the movie industry not being able to come up with anything original. This story has been made about a thousand times
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #1643
Wrangler

Really, Garrett? I thought "Session 9" was pretty good actually (and not just because I worked on it). Creepy and it kept you guessing. Even though it has the "people getting picked off one by one" format that has indeed been made a thousand times, I thought the setup and execution were original enough.

"Session 9" has been in my mind of late as I just finished working on my second horror film set in a mental institution--can't seem to escape these I guess.

FYI the budget on "Session 9" was quite low--IMDB lists it at $1.5M. It was one of the first features shot on the F900.
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #1644
Major Player

Wow. "OMG" indeed. My blood is boiling in almost violent disagreement (frankly I'm having trouble typing with my hands shaking like this), but you are correct, that was "Session 9", easily one of my top ten favorite movies. I actually never cared for David Caruso until I saw this, I thought he did rather well.

I'm honestly, truly shocked to hear anyone could think so little of the film, let alone that it's considered derivative, but it takes all kinds, and I suppose I should expect to have my taste in film called into question in a thread like this.

She's all yours, Garrett!
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #1645
Trustee

Sorry to anyone I may have offended. Just my own personal opinion and what I am sure is my warped view on films. Could be from watching Star Wars 50 times in one week (At least the beginning of it).

It could also be that I really do not like David Caruso. But again just my opinion.

Here the next quote. I think this one may go quickly:

"When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed."

Then later but same character:

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Have at it.

Garrett
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #1646
Wrangler

Patton. Starring the one and only George C. Scott.
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #1647
Trustee

Wow. I thought someone would get that pretty fast but not that quick. Your turn Lorinda.

-Garrett
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #1648
Regular Crew

The "poor dumb bastard" quote gives the movie away - if you've seen it, you probably would remember at least that part.

I always liked the ending line, myself. "You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the great World War II, you won't have to say . . ."
Daniel Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #1649
Wrangler

Heh...yes, there's one line we won't finish here... :)

That movie and I go back a ways--my dad took us to see it in the theatre. I’ll never forget the image of G.C. Scott standing alone in uniform on a stage with the huge American flag behind him. It almost seemed as if he was standing in the theatre talking to us.

Here’s a sequence from a more recent film:

Character 1: Hey, you better mind your manners.

Character 2: Oh relax, cupcake, it was a joke.

Character 1: Hey farmboy. Maybe you can't count. But there are four of us and one of you.

Character 2: So get some more guys and then it'll be an even fight.
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #1650
Wrangler

Hint: Might not have been the best pick because of those who don't watch movies in the theaters. This one won't be released on DVD until November.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark