The Movie Quote Game - Page 92 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 29th, 2008, 12:17 AM   #1366
Wrangler

You're getting close. Time for a clue:

It was a Peter Sellers film.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #1367
Major Player

The Mouse that Roared.

Here's one for you guys...

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #1368
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyerson View Post
The Mouse that Roared.

Here's one for you guys...

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"
This is stagnating, but I didn't comment on it because I can't quite place it. The image that keeps coming to mind is from "The Road Warrior" but the quote I keep thinking of is "The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla", but I can't remember more of the specific quote and otherwise cannot accurately guess the source of the current quote.

-Jon
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:56 AM   #1369
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
This is stagnating, but I didn't comment on it because I can't quite place it. The image that keeps coming to mind is from "The Road Warrior" but the quote I keep thinking of is "The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla", but I can't remember more of the specific quote and otherwise cannot accurately guess the source of the current quote.

-Jon
it's not the Road Warrior...but you're REALLY close.
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM   #1370
Obstreperous Rex

Ah so, it is from "Mad Max," which came several years before "Road Warrior." I much prefer the original version to the one dubbed over with U.S. voices (sheesh). Can't believe this one sat unanswered for two weeks... stand by by for your next quote!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #1371
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Ah so, it is from "Mad Max," which came several years before "Road Warrior." I prefer the original version to the one dubbed over with U.S. voices (sheesh). Stand by by for your next quote!
ding-ding-ding....we have a winner. Mad Max it is.
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #1372
Trustee

Quote:
I much prefer the original version to the one dubbed over with U.S. voices (sheesh).
I prefer the original to the dubbed one also. Mad Max would have been my next guess, although it would have only been a guess. It has been so long since I've seen this film that I couldn't really place the quote.

-Jon
Old July 19th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #1373
Obstreperous Rex

Better late than never -- here goes:

"We can die here... or we can die in that thing. What's the matter? Haven't you any curiosity
left? Wouldn't you like to know how it feels to fly a... toy airplane?" (maniacal laughter ensues)

If you know this, also name the speaking actor, and name the actor being spoken to.

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #1374
Major Player

This qoute has been bothering me along time. At first I thought it was from Toy Story. But now I'm half-thinking it might actually be from Mad Max or the Road Warrior. I keep thinking of that skinny guy with the bad teeth, pet snake, and whacked out grin who flies the ultralight. Am I even close?
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #1375
Trustee

Quote:
Better late than never -- here goes:

"We can die here... or we can die in that thing. What's the matter? Haven't you any curiosity
left? Wouldn't you like to know how it feels to fly a... toy airplane?" (maniacal laughter ensues)

If you know this, also name the speaking actor, and name the actor being spoken to.
I saw this post a couple of weeks ago and didn't have a clue - but then the forum alert brought me back to the thread to have another go. From what I know of Chris, it is likely from some great classic older film that has since fallen from most folks' radar - and I couldn't even begin to guess - so instead, I'm just going to guess "The Mummy" with whatshisface. In the scene where they're trying to get that guy to fly them somewhere.....or was the "The Mummy Returns" or whatever that was called.

-Jon
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #1376
Obstreperous Rex

Sorry, not The Mummy or Mad Max... it is indeed a great classic older film, with major stars in the cast and a couple of Oscar nominations. Before it became a movie, it was a best-selling novel by a prolific English writer (the film is American though). There's a major clue in the quote, but I'll offer another line or two later tonight if nobody gets it.

Also of note, production of this film was marred by a particularly unfortunate tragedy on the last shooting day, resulting in a dedication during the end credits. What happened, and to whom?

Old August 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #1377
Major Player

The Original Flight of the Pheonix.

A pilot died trying to simulate the take off at the end.

I do not know more than that off the top of my head.

IMDB offers more though of course.

2 points for renting the older version of a movie on netflix thinking its the newer one only to find that you like the older one.
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #1378
Obstreperous Rex

You're the winner, Josh -- but you didn't take me up on the follow-up challenge in my original post: "also name the speaking actor, and name the actor being spoken to," and that would have been Richard Attenborough, to Jimmy Stewart.

And trust me, the 1965 original (directed by Robert Aldrich) is far, far superior to the recent remake.

The stunt pilot was Paul Mantz, a legendary Hollywood aviator. Here's a little more about the accident that took his life: http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/Mantz-P1.htm -- I recall reading his biography as a teenager... he was quite a guy.

Your turn, Josh!

Old August 6th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #1379
Major Player

This certainly does not qualify as a classic...

"Its a bread maker... it has 3 speeds!"
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:27 AM   #1380
Tourist

Will Ferrell in Old School
And I completely consider that a classic.

"I want you to remember this face here, okay? This is the guy behind the guy behind the guy."
Steven Koernig is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark