The Movie Quote Game - Page 88 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old May 20th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #1306
Major Player

Hudson Hawk?

Wait
it must be.
Ok well unless there is another HH movie with Bruce Willis in 91,
here's a new one:

"Three men's gonna cost you a grand. I know that's not chicken feed but you dont want to go with less than three. its better to over do it."

Last edited by Kelly Goden; May 20th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #1307
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Goden View Post
Hudson Hawk?

Wait
it must be.
Ok well unless there is another HH movie with Bruce Willis in 91,
here's a new one:

"Three men's gonna cost you a grand. I know that's not chicken feed but you dont want to go with less than three. its better to over do it."
Yep Hudson Hawk. Was watching it on Netflix when I came up with the quote.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #1308
Major Player

I've never seen it but I remember it as a big budget flop.

I will throw in this extra quote from the movie I mentioned as its one of my favorites from it:

"I'm better than you all! I can out learn you. I can out read you. I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you. And I am going to out last you. I am like God and God like me. I am as large as God, he is as small as I. He can not above me nor I beneath him be! Silesius. 17th Century."
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #1309
Trustee

Quote:
I will throw in this extra quote from the movie I mentioned as its one of my favorites from it:

"I'm better than you all! I can out learn you. I can out read you. I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you. And I am going to out last you. I am like God and God like me. I am as large as God, he is as small as I. He can not above me nor I beneath him be! Silesius. 17th Century."
I don't even have to give this one a second thought. A very creepy performance by DeNiro in "Cape Fear" the remake.

BTW: Your first posted quote referenced the scene in which Joe Don Baker was trying to hire someone to rough DeNiro up - which was attempted in a parking lot at night while Nick Nolte hid behind a dumpster.

BTW-2 : I liked the clever way in which they cast Mitchum in a supporting role as an homage to his performance in the original "Cape Fear"

This movie was filled with a lot of creepiness.

-Jon
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #1310
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
Yep Hudson Hawk. Was watching it on Netflix when I came up with the quote.
Oh dear me.... that would imply that you actually chose to watch it, selected it out of a vast lineup of titles, and paid for the honor of being the latest victim to this most embarrassing assault on the quality and integrity of comedic action films.

My condolences.

(Okay, that was probably a bit harsh - there is a small army of HH fans out there who loved this film and its quirky sense of humor. Personally, I hated it.)

-Jon
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #1311
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
BTW-2 : I liked the clever way in which they cast Mitchum in a supporting role as an homage to his performance in the original "Cape Fear"

This movie was filled with a lot of creepiness.

-Jon
**yes it was a nice twist how they had Mitchum helping Nolte and Peck helping De Niro.

It's all yours.
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #1312
Major Player

Yeah I know the movie got panned but for some reason it gives me a chuckle while Im waiting for things to render and what not :)

Quote:
Oh dear me.... that would imply that you actually chose to watch it, selected it out of a vast lineup of titles, and paid for the honor of being the latest victim to this most embarrassing assault on the quality and integrity of comedic action films.

My condolences.

(Okay, that was probably a bit harsh - there is a small army of HH fans out there who loved this film and its quirky sense of humor. Personally, I hated it.)

-Jon
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:04 AM   #1313
Trustee

Quote:
**yes it was a nice twist how they had Mitchum helping Nolte and Peck helping De Niro.

It's all yours.
Oh yeah, that's right. I completely forgot that Peck was in the remake also.

I'll have a new quote posted in the morning.

-Jon
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM   #1314
Trustee

Character 1: "Go BACK to BED..... NOW..... or you'll have ME to deal with."

Character 2: "Ahh, blow it out yer ol' wazoo."

-Jon
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:15 AM   #1315
Trustee

Quote:
Character 1: "Go BACK to BED..... NOW..... or you'll have ME to deal with."

Character 2: "Ahh, blow it out yer ol' wazoo."

-Jon
I wonder how long it will take to guess this one. I realize, of course, that I have presented a dilemma:

I suppose someone could either:

a.) cheat by Googling the quote (in which case, shame on you)

or

b.) guess it from memory, and thereby admitting that you have the dialogue from this "charming and timeless classic" memorized by heart (in which case.....I just don't know what to say, tough guy.)

-Jon
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:02 AM   #1316
Regular Crew

could it be...

Christmas story? Stretch i know... but what the hay
Casey Krugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM   #1317
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Krugman View Post
That movie rocks but I don't remember that line.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #1318
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Krugman View Post
That's a great movie - but an incorrect guess. Sorry.

When I put the quotes around "charming and timeless classic", I was being a little facetious from my personal perspective - although there are many folks who would consider the movie I posted a timeless classic, and many others who would not.

I will probably post another clue/quote later this evening, if needed.

-Jon
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:50 PM   #1319
Trustee

Doggone it. Now look at what y'all gone and made me do. I had to watch it again to find another quote that is at least somewhat of a challenge:

Different scene, different character.

"Hold it, sister. Are you peddlin' beauty products? Cuz I don't need no beauty products. If that's what your doing you can just peddle yourself right on outta here, sweetie."

-Jon
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM   #1320
Wrangler

Jon, I’ve decided you are the ONLY person on DV Info who has seen this movie—or will own up to it—so more quotes might not help at this point. Give us some trivia, big guy! :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark