Wallace&Gromit. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old October 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #1
Trustee

Wallace&Gromit.

anyone else see it yet? gonna catch it in a few minutes. seems like claymation is coming back big time (like corpse bride)
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Trustee

just saw it. it was awesome if you liked Brit humor (similar to Hitchiker). very inventive... but i felt that for some people that longer than 1 hour format didn't work. some of them like it doses.
Old October 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Major Player

I thought it was great - funny. But the story line fell apart about 2/3 way through.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:06 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I just saw and really liked it, but in a lot of ways, it's the weakest yet. But that's like saying "Let it Be" is the worst Beatles album. It's still freaking great. I don't think the feature length format helped. It's still the best family film I've seen all year.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #5
Trustee

for those of you that have seen it, what do you think of the surround mix? i liked how they utilized the surround sounds to create atmosphere, mood and a semblance of artificial reality =).
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #6
Old Boot

Wallace and Grommet fire . .. sad . . sad .. .

30 years of claymation history just went up in smoke! - And you guessed it , . .

Sad news just now.

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #7
Trustee

it looks like the wallace and gromit studio was burned downed today...might be arson. weird with a #1 movie!
Old October 10th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Trustee

could be but Nick Park said that in light of the Earthquake in Pakistan, it's nothing. the guy has perspective =). THe Rabbit stuff wasn't touched, only the earlier stuff.
Old October 11th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #9
Old Boot

Yi Fong Yu, I totally agree. - Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #10
Major Player

i liked it a lot. Not as funny as the other three Wallace and Grommit movies, but some of the best- maybe THE best stop motion I've ever seen. The night time/subteranian chase sequence was so well animated that I almost forgot that it was stop motion. I think the length was fine, considering that every shot is eye candy.
" When some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall, and looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if you've payed your dues, well, you just stare that big suker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
Michael Gibbons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark