Storm chasers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 1st, 2015, 01:25 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Storm chasers

I just came across below film, we don't have that kind of storm's where I live so it's impressive to see nature unfold it's force in a way that would only be possible with the effect of timelaps.

Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Storm chasers

Hi Noa

Nowhere near as impressive or as well done as Mike's work, but this was taken from our house during one of the monsoons that we get almost every day this time of year in Tucson. If you saw his clip of a storm in Arizona south of Picacho Peak, this is about 80km South of where he was. Very impressive weather phenomena. The local "rivers" are dry most of the time but after one of these storms they can fill up with water very quickly and people drown most every year when they try to drive through low-lying areas and their cars are flipped over by the rushing water.

This was "filmed" with a GoPro at the top of a 13 foot light stand, 1 frame every 10 seconds time lapse.

Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:16 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Impressive to see the clouds building up and cool rainbow at the end :) I like going outside for a short while when it storms just to experience the feeling, I guess it's the same kind of adrenaline rush stormchasers get. I came across below video for the Soudelor typhoon in Taiwan where a dashcam records a car being pushed violently away, I have a feeling these kind of storms only will get worse.

Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2015, 09:14 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Unfortunately I only had my still camera handy when this monsoon rain came down close to our house. I got soaked a few minutes later

https://www.flickr.com/photos/895141...in/dateposted/
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark