Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old December 25th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Does anybody else around here dig "Arrested Development" as much as I do?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I do. I think it's probably the best comedy on television and unfortunately Fox wants to pretend it's not successful by making it difficult to find for regular watchers (my father always complains that he has no idea when it's on) and giving it zero support. I hope that the rumors of Showtime picking up the show prove to be true.

mg
Matthew Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #3
New Boot

Sounds like they should "teach the network a lesson..."
What a great show. Too bad it appears headed toward the end.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:06 PM   #4
Major Player

I will never forget when Tobias combined his professions of "Analyst" and "Therapist" to Analrapist.
Patrick Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Man, AD is such a great example of re-thinking the TV sitcom and taking it to a new level. Absolute perfection, from writing & acting to production design. No wonder it's been cancelled, huh?

I think one of the biggest problems the show has is that it's hard to come into it "in the middle"; if you've followed it from day one (or gotten the season 1 DVD set) it's probably a much more effective experience.

My daughter -- at 14 she's one sophisticated pop culture fan -- bugged me continuously about the show, and last xmas I watched the pilot with her, and then spent every spare minute on the couch with her and my girlfriend, devouring the season. (Little Maggie is now the pusher for my inner entertainment junkie; she recently got me into the "chronic-what-cles of Nar-nee-ah")

I don't catch a lot of TV, but AD -- and, on the other end of the spectrum, "The Sopranos" (which I find to be one the most "cinematic" TV experiences going) show how much life is left in this tired medium.
Michael Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #6
Major Player

I've only seen it part of two episodes and it seemed quite funny.

I just checked their website and there's a clip where they're using an XL2 but I thought this was shot using the Varicam?

Weird.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark