What's your top 10 "most bizzare" film scenes of all time? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old May 16th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #46
Major Player

For pure bizarre value, I have to recommend "House of 1,000 Corpses" (Dir. Rob Zombie). A wild ride for a short (about 75 minutes, I think) flick. It's "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with a sense of humor as Zombie pays homage to slasher films of the '70s. The only movie that makes Satan-worshipping psychopaths likeable.

Memorable lines:

"Behold: Fish Boy!"
"Run, rabbit, run!"
Any line from Captain Spaulding the clown.

Terrifying/bizarre scenes:

Dr. Satan's "surgeries"
Murder of Sherrif Wydell
Tiny

Love it or hate it, this movie sticks with you.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Herzog's "Even Dwarves Started Small" - one long bizarro fest.
James Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:42 PM   #48
Major Player

The sledgehammer scene (or almost any other scene) from Stephen Norrington's "The Last Minute". I accidently fell into watching this on Comcast's On Demand service. I couldn't define the movie, as it's part horror, part comedy and mostly surreal. I saw some plot (loose use of that term) elements from Tommy Smothers' "Get to Know Your Rabbit", from 1969. The "Lord of the Flies" and "Oliver Twist" also contributed to it.

Has anyone else here seen it? I'm surprised it hasn't been an item of discussion before. Don't waste time trying to figure what the Billy Byrne character does to become famous, as that's an abstract entity. I once encountered a band of young castouts living in caves on the seacoast, that had a deranged old guru reminiscent of Grimshank. Oddly, one day, they all vanished and no traces were ever found. The local cops and media have never allowed any discussion about it. There's probably many such real-life underground gangs like this, all over the World. The fictional versions of them are tame, compared with reality. The writers of many such stories likely saw these sub-cultures, themselves.

See photos and trailers here:

http://www.palmpictures.com/videos/thelastminute.html#
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:35 PM   #49
Major Player

The first one that comes to my mind...

"Eraser Head"
well- they were all bizzar. The one that really weirded me out was the scene where the blonde girl with the over-sized cheeks lovingly danced and stomped --what I can only call over-sized sperm-- on a theater stage to piano music.

I need a beer...

Jeff
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:57 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Off the top of my head...

Kusturika's "Arizona Dream"... the scene where Johnny Depp is making chicken sounds and strolling around the house covered in a nightgown on some weird cart.

Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"... the intermission.

"Four Rooms"... When Tim Roth throws up upon discovering the dead whore inside the mattress.

"Zoolander"... The "walk-off" and the fashion awards' hansel video.

Kusturika's "Underground"... Any scene involving the band.

"Dune"... The zit-faced flying fat man (and I must admit I hate David Lynch's work)

"The Hitcher"... When Rutger Hauer's character licks some coins and sticks them to C. Thomas Howell's eyelids.

Patrice Leconte's "Le Mari de la Coiffeuse"... The whole film.

Jim Jarmusch's "Dead Man"... when the cowboy steps on the dead guys head and it collapses like a slice of cake.

And I also agree on Elijah Wood's character in "Sin City", it's just diabolical.
Luis de la Cerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #51
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Patnaude
"Eraser Head"
well- they were all bizzar. The one that really weirded me out was the scene where the blonde girl with the over-sized cheeks lovingly danced and stomped --what I can only call over-sized sperm-- on a theater stage to piano music.
Jeff
Yikes! I still have nightmares about that scene in Eraserhead! That one tops my list.

Here's the rest for me (in no particular order):
2. The "chicken-rape" scene from John Waters' "Pink Flamingos;"

3. The "singing rectum" scene, also from "Pink Flamingos" (it's actually astounding that Waters was allowed near a camera again after that movie!)

4. The very end of "Two-Lane Blacktop," starring musicians Brian Wilson and James Taylor. A cool, movie about drag racers suddenly gets very, very, very psychedelic and very strange, and then stops abruptly, for no particular reason at all.

5. Sandra Bernhard torturing Jerry Lewis in Scorsese's "King of Comedy."

6. The last 10 minutes of the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup."

7. Tom Waits meets Alberto Begnini for the first time in Jim Jarmusch's "Down By Law."

8. The very end of "Easy Rider." Otherwise known as "How on earth can we end this movie? I know! Let's just have them crash and die!"

9. I saw a couple of mentions of "Apocalypse Now," but no mention of two of the weirdest scenes ever committed to cinema: Robert Duvall bombing the hell out of the Viet Cong just to find a place to surf ("Charlie don't surf!") and the end, where Martin Sheen rises out of the river to assassinate Marlon Brando.

10. The "growing sands" scene from Errol Morris' "Vernon Florida."

11. Werner Herzog goes slowly insane ("I'm surrounded by fornicating nature!") in Les Blank's "Burden of Dreams."
Brian Standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #52
Air China Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Standing
8. The very end of "Easy Rider." Otherwise known as "How on earth can we end this movie? I know! Let's just have them crash and die!"

9. I saw a couple of mentions of "Apocalypse Now," but no mention of two of the weirdest scenes ever committed to cinema: Robert Duvall bombing the hell out of the Viet Cong just to find a place to surf ("Charlie don't surf!") and the end, where Martin Sheen rises out of the river to assassinate Marlon Brando.
If by bizarre you mean these examples are illogical I think you are wrong on "Easy Rider":

On "Easy Rider", I don't know why you think that ending is abrupt. Things are going wrong for these guys all the way through the movie. Their arc is heading straight downwards. Life is wrong for these guys and the whole world is bound to bring them to a bad end. Their lifestyle is clashing with their environment and the social conflict at the time. It is just a question of how they get it. Also, this is a movie set in its times where events like that did happen. Bikers and hippies were getting rousted about anywhere they went.
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #53
New Boot

"7. Tom Waits meets Alberto Begnini for the first time in Jim Jarmusch's "Down By Law."

Its Roberto Benini

and all of Takeshi Miike`s films are just too cool
also Sante Sangre and El Topo good strange films ( the emphasis on good as strange could be seen as a way of breaking new ground in cinema plus I dig strange)
Robert Gradisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #54
Major Player

In "River's Edge," Dennis Hopper's character, Feck, gets upset by the way the high-school punks are treating his blow-up doll. And then there's Crispin Glover's manic performance. Overall, a great but disturbing film that hit close to home for me, as I was a high-schooler myself going through a strained family life when the movie was released. Keanu Reeves starred in this movie before he became a big box office draw.

T.J.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #55
Major Player

Seed of Chucky.

The entire movie is one grand bizarro fest.

But maybe the pinnacle moment is when the tabloid photographer John Waters captures Chucky upstairs in Jennifer Tilly's house, doing something with a Fangoria magazine.

If you havent seen it-I wont say anymore.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Here goes,...

1. Lost Highway: Bill Pullman's transformation into Balthazar Getty.
2. Audition: The whole last 30 minutes - Holy sh@#t I thought this was a love story!!
3. Oldboy: The guy bones his own daughter, MAN!! C'mon!!
4. Requiem for a Dream: Jared Leto's infected arm
5. Happiness of the Katakuris: The schoolgirl suffocating under the sumo, heart-attack victim
6. Eraserhead: The whole thing
7. Lonestar: The guy bones his own sister, MAN!! C'mon!!
8. Spun: Mena Suvari trying to wrestle out a turd. Oh and that dude from "Almost Famous" eating the frozen steak.
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: Malcolm McDowell giving it to Jonathon Rhys Meyers for apparently no reason.
10. Antonia's Line: The whole town let's this guy go around raping everybody without doing anything about it,.....including his own sister, MAN!! C'mon!!
Ian Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Oh man,...

I completely overlooked The Doom Generation,....there are many graphic scenes to mention but I wont.

Crispin Glover in "Wild at Heart" Shoving the bugs down his pants and acting like his typical freaky self.
Ian Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #58
New Boot

the barbed wire swallowing scene (twice) in Kim Ki Duks` "The Isle" ,this was apparently one of Alexander Jodorowskis` ( "Sante Sangre","El Topo","Holy Mountain") favourate scenes in a movie,
the scene in "Dead or Alive" ( Takeshi Miike) where the yakuza boss drowns a prostitute in an inflatable wading pool of feces, this one I found to be one of the most disturbing scenes in a movie

maybe not bizzar but definatly sick and shocking
Robert Gradisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM   #59
New Boot

Somebody already mentioned Oldboy but the scene that'll always stick with me is at the end when the main character snaps, cuts out his own tongue and begins acting like a dog.

Bizzare.

Tho the scene where he beats like 50 guys in a hallway, all with a knife sticking out of his back was pretty sweet.

And to add to the list -

Mickey Mouse's early cartoons. The one's where he basically beats Minnie, drinks and smokes, abuses animals in all kinds of ways. Crazy to see when you've grown up with the Mickey we all know today.

The death scenes in Suspiria, especially the blind piano player and the girl who was being chased and "escaped" through the air vent.
Old December 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #60
Regular Crew

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Mesa of the Lost Women. The whole movie is a bizarre scene. But Tarantella's dance...

Then there is the scene in Pirhana II where the torch bearing tourists are marching to the beach chanting "we want fish" whereupon a bunch of FLYING piranhas tear their throats out.

Best flying piranha motion picture ever made in my opinion.
Frank Howard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark