Embarassing to admit but... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old March 19th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #31
Major Player

Ok, another embarrasing movie that I truly love. The Last Dragon. Who's the master? Sho'nuff!

Anyone else think Busta Ryhme's looks a lot like the Shogun of Harlem played by Julius J. Carry III.

The master that can train Bruce Leroy turns out to be a computer that prints out the wise sayings in those fortune cookies...

Reno Williams. "In Korea, door handle don't break." by the master, who isn't Asian.

And lastly, I can't remember the name but it had Jennifer Connely and everyone's favorite singer Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie). The beginning computer animated owl and David Bowie actually performing that feat of amazement with the crystal ball that he just has moving around his hands like nothing. Is it just me, or is there a character in the movie that was from Star Wars? I mean it's Jim Hansen's puppet on the set...
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #32
Capt. Quirk

The Bowie movie is Labrynth.
Old March 19th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #33
Obstreperous Rex

Pair that one up with Dark Crystal for three hours of deadly serious muppet cheese.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Cannery Row/KG Cop

"Its not a tumor " Kindergarden Cop. cracks me up everytime.

"You can only have so much fun" - Cannery Row love that flick. Even Winger is good (took over for R Welch). ANd it is a baseball movie too. What's not to like.
Old March 20th, 2006, 09:06 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Pair that one up with Dark Crystal for three hours of deadly serious muppet cheese.

The Dark Crystal rocked sock!
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #36
New Boot

Dude! Yes! I TOTALLY know what you're talking about!

The chills up my spine whenever James Bond says his catchphrase, About half of the stuff in the second and third matrix movies.

Lots of em in Spielberg's stuff. Like E.T. Whever that bike starts to fly, or anything like that, I'm like, "HECK YEAH!" then glance around.
Ian Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kang
Ok, another embarrasing movie that I truly love. The Last Dragon. Who's the master? Sho'nuff!

Anyone else think Busta Ryhme's looks a lot like the Shogun of Harlem played by Julius J. Carry III.

The master that can train Bruce Leroy turns out to be a computer that prints out the wise sayings in those fortune cookies...
Busta can definitely frown like him.

The Last Dragon was a total childhood favorite. Black people, kung fu and Vanity, what a trifecta! I still wanna cheer after the the whole "Catching bullets with his teeth" thing.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #38
Major Player

The scene in Spartacus when they all stand up saying:

"I'm Spartacus!"
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #39
New Boot

This is terrible.. mine is the bit in Armageddon where Bruce Willis sacrifices himself and blows up the meteor. It's so lame but everytime I've seen it I felt like jumping up from my couch and shouting "Yay we're gonna live!"
Rudi Benade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #40
Trustee

Funniest moment (that I'm ashamed of) for me in the movies is in the best bad movie ever made. Ghostbusters 3 aka, Evolution. When Orlando Jones has the bug crawl inside of him and they have to go in rectally to get it out...

Nurse: I'll get the lubricant
Doctor: We haven't got time for lubricant!
Jones: THERE'S ALWAYS TIME FOR LUBRICANT!

then the insuing patranization of jones by decovney and moore afterwards, it's priceless I laugh so hard I cry, everytime.

An emotional moment that I'm not super proud of is 1) the end of jimmy hollywood, when nothing happens. and 2) the end of three kings, when almost nothing happens (not quite as ashamed of that)
Old December 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #41
Air China Pilot

"Best of the Best". This was a martial arts movie starring Eric Roberts as the leader of an American tae kwon do team going up against the top team from South Korea. It is totally a paint by numbers sports movie

UNTIL

the ending. Which is awesome and OOZING with more FROMAGE than the moon itself. I loved it.
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #42
Major Player

hey Keith, i feel ya there.. Best of the Best was awesome *watched it like 4/5 times when i was around 15 or so* ... course i was heavily involved in martial arts back then.. now i'm just heavy :|

Embarassing to admit but from Independance Day with Will Smith etc..
just when they planted the virus and the nukes in the alien ship and they're about to split - Will goes 'Peace!'

and when Bill Pullman as the President no less gives his schpiel about how 'we will not go quietly into the good night etc... Today we celebrate our Independance day!'... gives me chills everytime..

Now i'm gonna go and retire from any sort of filmmaking aspirations.. sigh..
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #43
New Boot

Return of the King - "my friends, you bow for no one." Every time it gets me!

Superman - Lois and the helicopter are falling from the roof, and then that music comes up, and Superman flies in and catches them both. Chills.

just remembered another superhero one - Batman Begins at the very end when Gordon is telling Batman about a strange case he has and hands him the only clue they have - what he calls a "calling card" that's nothing more than a Joker playing card.

Miracle on 34th St - when the mail bags keep coming and coming.
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #44
Regular Crew

It's terrible but...

the wife and I both really loved the moment in "Three Kings" where they asked the kid where would he be doing right now back home and he flashed back to blowing stuffed animals apart with a shotgun.... We saw something last night where we both went " 3 Kings" in unison. Gotta' love a woman with a sense of humor as warped as mine!
Emotionally, I still get bleary eyed over the end of Space Cowboy's when Tommy Lee Jone's character is shown having reached the moon. What a way to go.

Will
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #45
Regular Crew

There was an HBO movie called Cast A Deadly Spell. This movie has horrible effects and bad acting. I still love it. I love how the zombies are made to work construction.

Another movie is Vibes with Jeff Goldblum and Cindy Lauper. Jeff is walking around with a stone following his psychic sense and it you really feel the tension.

Also Steel Dawn with Patric Swaze. A bad post-apocalyptic film. His set up to his last fight always makes me want to act like the star wars kid.
Chris Colin Swanson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark