I gotta stop buying cheap movies at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old April 17th, 2006, 04:56 AM   #1
Outer Circle

I gotta stop buying cheap movies

So every time I go to Superstore, I check out the mark-downs in the movie bin. Yesterday was no exception. I found this one called, "The Day The World Ended." It was a combo of sci-fi and horror; and it had to be the worst movie I've seen in a long while. Yup. That bad. At least it only set me back $0.99. (Canadian.) :-)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:30 AM   #2
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Granovski
So every time I go to Superstore, I check out the mark-downs in the movie bin. Yesterday was no exception. I found this one called, "The Day The World Ended." It was a combo of sci-fi and horror; and it had to be the worst movie I've seen in a long while. Yup. That bad. At least it only set me back $0.99. (Canadian.) :-)

eBay! Done!

Garzie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Granovski
Converted to USA money, I wouldn't even bother to pick that much up off the sidewalk.

Is it time again, for a thread about, "The Worst Movie I've Ever Seen"?

My nomination is "Lust in the Dust", "starring" "Divine" and of all people, Tab Hunter. It was intended to be the worst movie of all time and I believe John Waters succeeded well in his quest. What was Tab Hunter thinking, when he signed-on? Did he get tricked into it, by some unscrupulous agent?
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 02:45 AM   #4
Outer Circle

I worst movie I ever saw was that one with a young "Jaws" playing a caveman part. I can't recall what the movie was called.
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The absolute worst...

...has to be Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. And it features AAA stars like Morgan Freeman. I remember sitting in the theatre laughing my ass off as people were leaving in the middle of the film by the handful. It's one of those rare examples of movies during which you think to yourself... "It can't get any worse than this" and it actually does.
Luis de la Cerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #6
Major Player

Kinda makes you wish they had MST3K episodes for newer movies, eh? :)
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #7
Air China Pilot

I saw a howler this weekend called "Bandits vs Samurai Squadron". It wasn't entirely bad but it had been touted by the Cinematheque (film society) as "one of the best samurai films of the 70s". The accurate part of that statement was "70s'" as this film was sooooo very rooted in the worst style of the 70s. Whip pans. Crash focus. Freeze frame. The soundtrack was slap bass funk (despite it being a samurai film - hey, why not). And it oh so melodromatic (" no! he is .... your son!" bah bah bahhhhhh). I actually enjoyed myself immensely for the cheese and the fact that people's heads were getting chopped off and blood sprayed aplenty. The fact is, I did not restrain my enjoyment and so laughed a lot. After we all stood up the guy sitting behind me told his friend loudly "I would have enjoyed it better if it wasn't for those JACKASSES who were laughing." Oh well. I guess I wasn't a true believer in the program.
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #8
Major Player

Has anyone here seen the "Revenge of the Red Baron" movie with the model airplane that attacks? SYNOPSIS:
The ghost of the Red Baron returns to possess a model aircraft and exact vengeance on the aging grandfather (Mickey Rooney) that once shot him down as a World War I flying ace. Tobey Maguire and Laraine Newman co-star in this tongue-in-cheek horror movie.
It is supposed to be Horror but would be more successful as just a Comedy. Although I have to admit, at first I was angry that someone stole my idea. I can't stop watching when it is playing on showtime. Somebody Please help me.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #9
Outer Circle

I haven't seen that one in the 99 Cent video bins. :-)
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I want MST3K to come back soooooo bad

I nominate Battlefield Earth. they must have run out of money blowing it all on john travolta, then settled for a bent tripod and 80's television-grade special effects

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. RATS!!!
David Cummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:36 PM   #11
Trustee

HorrorVision, but my movie hasn't been released yet, so technically this is better than mine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark