Brick at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old May 1st, 2006, 12:06 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Brick

Anybody seen? When they first started talking my first reaction was -- "you've got to be kidding me." But after a few minutes I started getting into and by the end I was completely hooked.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yeah I saw it...

rad movie, really rad movie.

Makes me sad that your first reaction was poor.

Same group of people who made "May" a few years ago.
Dean Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:55 AM   #3
Major Player

I liked it a lot. But, as one critic says, it's an A+ film school project, but fails as a true production in terms of story, emotionality, etc. The problem with it is that it has such a one-track mind that it forgets there are other emotions that would have made the story more "real."
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:30 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I found there was kind of an emotional coldness about it too, but that's part of the film noir genre.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #5
Regular Crew

you think?

I thought there were some genuine emotional moments in the film. The style never changed (was rather cold), but some of the more seasoned performers like Lucas Haas had some great moments,...especially when he was discovering the betrayal,.... Levitt ofcourse kept a steady course,....but like the previous post said,....went with the noir style. I saw a screening in Irvine,....and the director just happened to be there for QandA after. Didn't even know he was going to be there. It was a real treat. I will definitely look for his next project.
Ian Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #6
Inner Circle

You know those were cool people because the closing song over the credits was "Sister Ray" by the Velvet Underground. That's not something I ever thought I'd hear in a movie theater.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark