The X-Files... - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old October 16th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #91
Inner Circle

Giovanni Ribicci (hope I spelled it right) is one an episode too.
I didn't watch season 3 any further, not because I don't like it, but I didn't have the time :-(
You're right about season 2 being supergood, though!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #92
Trustee

lol, i cheated =). but yesh, giov was in this too. actually if you watch a lot of TV shows in general lots of people bounce around. it's a job =).

anyway, i really DIDN'T have time. i just traded my sleep for it. just couldn't wait.

in the past, i think i saw more of s3 than i realized... but really almost completely missed s2. i think i missed the best season of the series lol!!! =).

PS hope you can take the millennium journey after this too, imho i think they're like companion pieces =). and of course you know about mill's final ep ending up on XF.

Last edited by Yi Fong Yu; October 18th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.
Yi Fong Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #93
Inner Circle

Actually I don't know the ending of Millenium on the X Files, still have to watch that :-)

I saw some pieces of Millenium, and I should rewatch it maybe, because initially, I thought it was weaker then the X Files, but maybe that were wrong expectations from my part.

And if you haven't seen season 2, you really should!
My favorite episodes from that season are (alot):

Little Green Men
The Host
Sleepless
Aubrey
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Fresh Bones
Colony/End Game (this double episode is just wow, a movie!)
Dod Kalm (I liked the atmosphere)
F. Emasculata
Our Town
Anasazi
Old October 18th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #94
Trustee

sorry, i didn't clarify. i have finished every single episode from first episode through season4 opener.

i wanted to say that in the past, i thought i have seen most of XF... but i have not seen all of season 2 except for like 1 or 2 eps. either way, i have currently finished s2 and i love all those eps you listed and more.

FYI, the same guys behind season2 and 3 (Wong+Morgan) began migrating from X-Files season2 and 3 to Millennium. chris carter created both XF and Millennium. carter did season1 of Mill, then Wong+Morgan went over to Mill and left XF behind. so if you liked s2&3, then Mill will be right up yo' alley =).
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #95
Trustee

well matthieu, you should be finished with your finals by now. mine are NEXT WEEK, those bastards.

if you have finished with school, you can hop back onto XF!! =).

but i did cheat a little. i sacrificed many nights of sleep to watch XF. i'm on s4's Gethsamane and once i finish it i'll be onto s5 =).

i have to say that i have seen most of s3onward. so they're all repeats to me, but s2 is still very good =). i really liked how s2 gelled together.
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #96
Inner Circle

Hi Yi,

I actually quit with film school last March, because I felt I was making THEIR films, and not my own anymore. I didn't feel comfortable listening to teachers who told me how to make my films, so I quit and now try to make films on my own - I mean, away from film school.
I hope you fare a bit better ;-)
Old December 19th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #97
Regular Crew

I loved this show, and got the complete box set for Christmas last year from my wife.

My fave' episode has to be 'Jose Chung is from Outer Space'. It just had me falling apart with laughter, and didn't spoil the overall mythology of the show.
James Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #98
Trustee

that's the spirit matthieu =D.

james, you going through the series ep by ep like me & matthie here? i'm already on season5. from here until the end of the series i've seen every single ep during when the show first aired except maybe 1 or 2 eps.
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:44 AM   #99
Regular Crew

I'm not going through it at the moment, but managed to watch the entire lot in a couple of months earlier this year. To say I was hooked would have been an understatement, as I didn't really spend my spare time watching anything else.
James Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:58 AM   #100
Trustee

season2 is the best =^).
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #101
Trustee

i've finished s5, the movie again. then went through s6 fairly quickly because i had seen them air when they were originally broadcast. there's been 1 or 2 eps that i've missed due to my being busy back then that i have since remedied. i've skimmed through s7-9 and they just aren't in the same caliber (in the story dept.) as s1-5. s6 was a bit uneven transition between the 2 points. having said that, the worse eps of XF is still very enjoyable. again, s2 is the best season absolutely. it's when they really hit the stride or somn.
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:28 AM   #102
Regular Crew

One of the things I like about XFiles is the way they introduce stuff.

Take the episode, Leonard Betts (the guy who eats cancer). Towards the end, he traps Scully in the ambulance and reveals that she has something he wants which shocks her. The ending was classic too, when she coughs blood on her bed, we know something bad is going to happen to her :D. Its a nice way to tie in part of the mythology (in a way it is, the cancer is caused by the conspirators) with a stand alone episode.
Chan Ee Jien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #103
Trustee

yes, in medias res. every single episode begins right in the middle of something happening. throws you right in the middle of the story hitting the ground running.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark