the puffy chair at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 15th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #1
New Boot

the puffy chair

anyone seen this film yet? http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...chair/trailer/

it's got some good reviews. i'd like to watch it but i doubt it'll get a major release in the philippines. i like the way it was made with prosumer tools - the filmmakers embrace the technology rather than do their utmost best to make things as "film-like" and "cinematic" as possible. it reminds me of the single most important thing when considering the movie business: story. it's paramount. no matter how advanced and snazzy our tools get, it all means nothing if we dont have a decent story to tell.

kudos to the makers of "the puffy chair" for going with what they had and making a film that, judging from the reactions of a lot of viewers/film critics, is a very enjoyable ride.
Daniel Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #2
Major Player

shot with a DVX100a. It looks like it might be good.
People talk about the DVX looking like film. This kind of looks like video. It looks good and it doesn't bother me but pretty clean. I wonder if it was shot in 60i.

Last edited by Bob Zimmerman; June 21st, 2006 at 10:52 AM.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark