Mickey Spillane, R.I.P. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old July 18th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Mickey Spillane, R.I.P.

When I heard the news of Mickey Spillane's passing yesterday, I was surprised to hear that he had been so displeased with the choice of actors who had played his character of "Mike Hammer" in movies made from his books, that he took the role himself in "The Girl Hunters", made in 1963. I'll have to look this one up and watch it, if it's available.

My favorite pair of quotes from his books/movies is from "I, the Jury". The scene is when a very bad woman has been shot in the belly by Mike Hammer, just before she was about to do something similar to him. She asks, "How could you do it?" He replies, "It was easy!".

Last edited by J. Stephen McDonald; July 18th, 2006 at 06:10 AM.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark