DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   there's a new horror TV show coming from Vancouver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/73196-theres-new-horror-tv-show-coming-vancouver.html)

Frank Granovski August 8th, 2006 01:41 AM

there's a new horror TV show coming from Vancouver

I don't know if it'll be any good but my buddy is going to get well paid. Can't wait to see it.

Kelly Goden August 8th, 2006 08:17 AM

Indigenous or foreign production? Oh forget it--if he is well paid it must be foreign. :)

Frank Granovski August 9th, 2006 04:22 AM

No, filmed in Vancouver.

Kelly Goden August 9th, 2006 09:27 AM

That's vague. Xmen 2 was filmed in Vancouver but its still a US production.

Not to fuss about semantics but when someone says: there's a new horror show coming from vancouver, I take it to mean the same thing as someone saying: there's a new horror show coming from Hollywood.

Saying "there is a new horror show being filmed in Vancouver" is more accurate if we are talking about the usual runaway production thing.

Marcus Marchesseault August 10th, 2006 12:57 PM

What makes it even more confusing is that it is going to be filmed in the U.S. embassy in Vancouver! To top it off, it stars a U.S.-born actor who achieved his Canadian citizenship in 2002 and a female Canadian lead that was born with dual U.S./Canadian citizenship! Not only that, the main plot is about a haunted house that was built by a Canadian fur trapper in the 1700s and brought piece-by-piece to the U.S. to be used by a rich Australian businessman as his love nest for the Chinese concubine who has a British accent. If that isn't enough, Lucasfilm is doing all the greenscreen effects and Weta Digital is doing all the CGI. Locations in Africa are doubling for a flashback scene about the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait and all the Tex-Mex food in the commisary is being prepared by a Ukranian cook.

Still, it's a Hollywood production...

:)

K. Forman August 10th, 2006 02:00 PM

Is the house based on an actual location/story?

Kelly Goden August 11th, 2006 12:21 PM

I hate to prejudge a show before I see it but I dont predict it will last more than a season with that premise. It needs a mutant moose or something.
;)

Marvin Emms August 11th, 2006 12:38 PM

If the place was built by a Canadian fur trapper then logically there will be comically framed moose heads in the background shots who make snide comments to guests during important business meetings to a chorus of the Canadian national anthem sung by the ghosts of 16th century squirrels.

But, yes, a mutant moose would be better.

J. Stephen McDonald August 13th, 2006 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Goden
I hate to prejudge a show before I see it but I dont predict it will last more than a season with that premise. It needs a mutant moose or something.
;)

I wouldn't like to prejudge a show before I even knew its name (I assume that this is secret information).

K. Forman August 13th, 2006 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin Emms
But, yes, a mutant moose would be better.

What about... Mutant Moose and Squirrel?

John Kang August 13th, 2006 11:21 AM

If the story is going all out, it should have Boris and Natasha trying to sabotage the evil mutunt moose and sidekick squirrel, then Dudley Do-Right does a guest appearance...

Of course, Capt. Kirk will have to beam down to save them from the haunted house.

Marvin Emms August 13th, 2006 05:28 PM

I can be flexible on the moose here people, but having just one squirrel is suicide. I can show you a squirrel collage, we've shown it some people with very positive reactions, had some test screenings of some nature footage and people really relate to squirrels, plural. It needs a plethora, a swarm, a galaxy of scrappy little squirrels chasing acorns, rolling around and looking furry.

Your one squirrel show is going down, and you're not dragging me down with it.

K. Forman August 13th, 2006 05:57 PM

Well, sure... if you only had one squirrel, it would have to be one really charming squirrel. But, team it up with a mutant moose... Instant Gold ;)

Marcus Marchesseault August 14th, 2006 11:37 AM

Wait. Are these American Grey squirrels or European Red squirrels?

Kelly Goden August 14th, 2006 07:27 PM

Dont forget black squirrels. I have a few here--one likes to hang upside on the screen door while eating a peanut.