Transformers news! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 24th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Uhm, you guys are comparing an animated movie to the Live Action movie being done? Or was there a live action Transformers movie done already that I never heard of?

As for the comic book stuff. The Silver Surfer is not the most powerful superhero - actually, he's not really a superhero, more an anti-hero if anything.

There have been heated debates about just this fact every since there were comics, lol and I'm not about to start another!! But...

The most powerful marvel character would probably be the young son of Mr. Fantastic and The Invisible Woman OR the Beyonder OR some may say the Molecule Man.

Back to Transformers stuff. Maybe they left him out because they didn't think they could do justice to the transformation he does?

I'm not to sure about the movie myself but I guess we'll see.

As for another Iron Man, anyone here remember Rom: SpaceKnight? (boy he was my favorite!!)

Bless.
Krystian Ramlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #17
Major Player

They claimed they left him out because they couldnt justify his transformation(into tiny device) to the audience. That was a tricky thing 20 years ago--until nanotechnology theories about transforming a flower into a gun on the subatomic level with tiny machines came along.

But beyond that-who says they even need to explain it? -its as logical as saying an audience cant accept a big strong guy in a bat costume or mechanical webshooters designed by a high school student. They seem to overlook something that I am pretty sure the audience knows...its a fantasy. Fiction. Not real. Who goes to a superhero movie and expects realism? Thank goodness pros like Richard Donner and Mario Puzo didnt feel they needed to have Superman in a track suit to make it realistic--they were more concerned with telling a good story with appealing characters. I wouldnt put Transformers in the same category as an iconic cultural figure like Superman, but they need better reasons to remove a character that was hard to overlook in the original series.

Rom blasting dire wraiths into limbo.
Yep, that was a cool idea.
I still have the first issue somewhere.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #18
Capt. Quirk

It doesn't matter in the end, you'll always have geeks vs nerds, trekkies vs trekkers, Star Wars vs Star Trek... No wonder they are still living in Mom's basement and have no girlfriend ;)
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #19
Regular Crew

ROM THE SPACE KNIGHT! he was written just to sale mattel tos wasn't it.

if yyou have powers, and wear your underware on the outside, your a superhero, doenst mater if ou good or bad, their al the same.

my objecton is to a transformwers movie period <----.

it's what 20 soemthing years old, who cars now.

whats next thundercats live action (saring ben aflic and matt daemon) (now who plays cheetara is what counts)

if you wanna do a movie, fine, just don't make one that's
A) ben done wiht orson wells as a voice actor
b)based off anything from the 80's. 9this gos for any intellectual property)
c) there is no c

actualy, go-bots the movie should be made, it's only fair if we're going to deal with the vehical to robot genre.
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Major Player

A true geek debate would be whether the Gobots could defeat the Transformers.
Clearly, just in terms of toy commercial jingles, the Transformers beats them hands down.
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #21
Regular Crew

True, i'm afraid leader1 is no match for optimus prime, let's just hope they kill scooter fast, he's realy realy realy annoying. Of course once the smoke clears, and the battles done, you have to ask your self...did anyone truely win? Well, did they?

yeah, no we're all big loosers face it, every kids show in the 80's was ether to push a line of toys or some sugar coated cereal. My whole childhood is a lie!!!
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:34 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Goldman
<snip>
yeah, no we're all big loosers face it, every kids show in the 80's was ether to push a line of toys or some sugar coated cereal. My whole childhood is a lie!!!
Thank goodness we've moved on to a day where every kid's show is designed to push a toy line or sugar coated cereal... oh wait.....
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #23
MPS Digital Studios

Did you guys see that I found Megatron? He doesn't look like Megatron:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=108803

heath
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #24
Regular Crew

For a kids toy, that sure is an eye hazard, reminds me of the shriek from hyperion, it's not a very good look.
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #25
Major Player

It gives me eyestrain looking at it. Kind of "busy" and unmemorable.

After seeing the Starscream and Bumblebee design,
it looks like they didnt want them to have overtly humanoid faces--Optimus Prime's face muzzle probably saved him from a similar fate.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:01 PM   #26
Major Player

Just saw the trailer for Michael Bay's "Transformers" movie.

You know, I never thought much of the cartoon as a kid [always thought it was despicable to do a cartoon just to sell the damn toy....:-)]

But yet.... the trailer is pretty darn exciting!

<url> http://www.transformersmovie.com/main.html </url>

It has echoes of "Independence Day", "Robocop" "War of the Worlds" and the opening sequence of "Terminator 2" .

Make sure you grab the HD version to look at.

Films like this would have been nearly impossible 15 years ago...
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:16 PM   #27
MPS Digital Studios

Be sure you do view the new trailer at www.transformersmovie.com to hear Optimus speak! And yes, it's Peter Cullen, the original and TRUE voice of Optimus!

heath
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM   #28
Major Player

Yup, I dare say my hopes are still rather low for this movie, but it was a relief when they anounced that Peter Cullen was reprising the Optimus Prime role. It just wouldn't have worked without him.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark