Movies on HD-DVD/BluRay, comments? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old September 21st, 2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Trustee

Movies on HD-DVD/BluRay, comments?

I looked back a few pages and no one here is talking about these HD formats. as video enthusiasts... i thought that is something that all of us would be talking about to death =). now that it's finally here, as you guys know, HD-DVD is fairly presentable with some minor issues with BluRay. both formats launched with bugs... but HD-DVD player was corrected with BluRay still having macroblocking/pixelation issues.

any feedbacks at all? anyone buy into it? i'm waiting for a universal player at close to $200 price point =).
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Major Player

All I can say is from the UK point of view, high def optical formats have yet to wash up on the windswept shores of western europe.

HD-DVD is pencilled in for November, and the PS3 has been postponed until March due to lack of blue laser diodes. When the official Blu-ray launch is here I don't know.
Marvin Emms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:37 AM   #3
Trustee

I don't care about what the films Hollywood offers look like. All I care is that we have a means to distribute our own HD content. No more printing to film.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Major Player

I find myself waiting until either 1) one format becomes a clear winner, or 2) dual-format machines are common. Plus, they have a lot of kinks to work out regarding DRM.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark