what do you watch? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old November 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #1
Outer Circle

what do you watch?

I've been watching Buffy re-runs. :)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #2
Major Player

Let's see... 24 re-runs while I wait for January, Firefly on DVD, and whenever I can I watch the CSI's, and of course gotta watch House.
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Battlestar Galatica and hockey... Go Leafs Go!!!

PS: and Lost but it's starting to frustrate me...
Jipsi Kinnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Outer Circle

I hear Battlestar Galatica is filmed in North Vancouver.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 06:04 AM   #5
Major Player

Nip/Tuck and Speed TV.
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #6
Regular Crew

heroes, lost, house, veronica mars, weeds, 24 now and again, spooks(MI-5) thats about it for now.
Charles Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #7
Wrangler

I moved to a new house out in the middle of nowhere 6 months ago and I can't get cable here. I figured I would get a satellite dish, but had lots of other things to do so I put it off. After awhile, I decided I would just wait until I started missing TV before I got a dish. Well, so far it still hasn't happened. This actually surprised me, because I used to spend quite a bit of time watching TV, mainly just because it was there. Maybe I will start to miss it when the cold winter weather comes? I'm sure that eventually I will start watching again.

In the meantime, I watch DVD's, and have been adding to my library whenever I find something interesting on sale. My TV hiatus has been quite an experience; I'd recommend that everyone spend a little time away from broadcast/cable programming every now and then. Helps you put things in perspective, and it might also surprise you when you realize just how much time you waste staring at commercials and programming which really doesn't interest you.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #8
Major Player

Lost, Rescue me, las Vegas, Just about every football and hockey game on Tv.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #9
Major Player

currently on TV: South Park, [Adult Swim], Drawn Together

DVDs: Rome, XFiles, Bullshit!, Space: Above & Beyond, ST:TNG, Arrested Development

Last edited by Lisa Shofner; November 8th, 2006 at 03:15 PM.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #10
Air China Pilot

The Wire -- best damned drama on TV. Unfortunately you can't just dive in, you have to watch from the very beginning. Fortunately, they have all three seasons on DVD.
Deadwood -- *sniff* why why why cancel this...?
24 -- can't wait for the new season
Weeds - very funny and entertaining
Desperate Housewives -- usually entertaining
Grey's Anatomy -- I watch this over my girlfriend's shoulder. I have to admit, it's well done. I'm not a huge fan of these soap opera type shows though.
Battlestar Galactica -- best science fiction series ever
Lost -- a drug I haven't kicked yet
The Shield -- a combination of complex character portrait of a ruthless, dirty cop and a traditional "solve a crime every episode" show.
Rome -- wow, how expensive is this?
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #11
Trustee

"Battlestar Galactica -- best science fiction series ever"

I agree, and it might be the best TV ever. Of course, preceeding shows need to be given credit for their quality at the time. I can't believe how much happens in one episode without exhausting all the material for the series.

History, Discovery, and Learning Channels - I am completely converting my brain to Nerd watching these. If you are single and value your love life, stop watching these channels.

Heroes - Hiro Nakamura steals the show, the writing is interesting, and I can't seem to take my eyes off Ali Larter. This show has a fair amount of reveal like Battlestar Galactica without running the story thin.

South Park - the most culturally tuned and irreverant show ever. I wish our country would stop giving them so much new material!

House - good balance of comedy and drama. I really like that it doesn't seem dumbed-down for the unwashed masses.

Dr. Who - you Brits are funny! I don't like campy shows and super-low-budget science fiction, but I keep coming back to the doctor for some reason.

I watched a lot of Buffy and Angel re-runs recently. I think I kicked that habit.

I agree with Boyd. Kick the habit and only watch the shows that you really enjoy. TV is addicting, but it is an easy drug to wean yourself from...
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #12
Major Player

Nip tuck (according to my friend, jumps the shark every episode)
the wire
the sopranos
the shield (Its getting lame though)
amazing race
heroes

I loved lost but havent kept up this season

That list is kinda depressing, I need to watch some happy shows.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #13
Major Player

"I'd recommend that everyone spend a little time away from broadcast/cable programming every now and then. Helps you put things in perspective, and it might also surprise you when you realize just how much time you waste staring at commercials and programming which really doesn't interest you."

**lol its true. I used to watch tons of broadcast tv
now hardly watch any--and I dont feel the urge to be sucked back in.

I only watch the simpsons regularly and most of the time I record it and fast forward through the commercials

sopranos(though I think it hasnt really been as good as it was in the first two seasons and has been very poor recently--the last season finale was just awful)

and basically movies--mostly 60s-70s UK horror movies

I havent been compelled to watch new commercial tv since the X Files ended. Not sure why.

Maybe its because they end up on video so fast its not like an event anymore.

I watched a Masters of Horror recently--cr*p.

I want to watch Rome --I keep missing it on Movie Central.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark