24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old November 9th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Okay, i hope i'm not alone when it comes to shear anticipation of the new season of "24" coming in January! Jack got knocked out by the Asian guys...pretty great way to end a "Killer" (Good kind) season.

One thing i'm a little less excited about is the, now confirmed, movie. i mean...in my mind you'd have to screen a 24 hour movie to actually pull off what the show has stuck to all these years. Of course they dont have to balls to do that. Another one of my conerns is after seeing the movie what exactly can they do on the show. if they follow the "Hollywood three act" concept, then everything will go right in the end and there'll be nothing to do in the show (in my opinion).

However if they stray off the beating path and let everything stay in the current cliffhanger ending format, then they'd be doing sequals for years to come. and quite frankly they could do that in the show...leaving things as they are now.

I hope i'm not bias...but i love TV, and "24" is good TV...not a good Movie.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Garrison, you're definitely not alone in waiting for season 6 ;) have you seen the trailer yet? (www.24trailer.com or on youtube). I agree with what you are saying about the movie, I heard online that the producers said it would resemble the Bourne Identity but I don't know. IMHO the way to do it would be to end a season with a cliffhanger and then wrap the whole thing up in a movie, that way they could really wrap it up and we could see the aftermath and the effect all the events have taken on Jack. Another rumour that I heard about the movie (might have been IMDB) is that the first hour of the movie would be 23 hours and then the second hour would play out in real-time. Either way I have faith that the producers can rise to the challenge and meet our expectations. January can't come soon enough....
Old November 11th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #3
Outer Circle

There's a movie coming out?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #4
Regular Crew

24 Movie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Schmidt
. January can't come soon enough....
Cant agree more...lol.

The thing is, with the "Season Wrap-Up" idea, i'd have a problem with them starting the whole thing over in Season "8" (or whatever). My favorite thing about the show is that it's like an alternate world playing out before our eyes...in real time. To get rid of that...would kinda ruin a few things for me. But i agree that the writers who, are some of the best, will pull through and the movie will be great...no matter what.Yet, It will mark an end to something...and i dont like that idea. (Just Me.)
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #5
Major Player

What I would like to see is some kind of closure for Jack (whether they try to introduce another lead character I'm not sure about yet). I mean Jack has been through so much let's either see him die or actually walk away from everything - not to be called back in an emergency lol.
Old November 12th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Jack SHOULD Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Schmidt
... I mean Jack has been through so much let's either see him die or actually walk away from everything - not to be called back in an emergency lol.
You know they'd make 'im come back...just a given...lol. Him dying would be pretty gutsy on the writer/ producer/ director/ Creator's side...but it wouldnt be too far fetched being that what he does...will eventually get you killed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark