Worst Horror Films? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:40 PM   #16
Trustee

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have posted that one. I still agree with myself on this one...but it was a long time ago and maybe a re-watch would change my opinion. I'm not going to go rent it though because if my opinion then goes to support my previous statement,... well, I'm just going to be bitter.

So I'll just pretend I didn't post it.

So can I safely offer up the following for consideration?

C.H.U.D.
(Whether it stood for Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers - or as you discover in the film it means Contaminated Hazardous Urban Disposal, the name and the film poster let you know early on that C.H.U.D. is going to S.U.C.K.)

Anaconda
And get this (stifling laughter....) They made a sequel!

Maximum Overdrive
King's directorial debut had a lot of potential, but just didn't deliver. The teaser of the film was playing in theaters several months before release and didn't show any of the film at all. Instead, it showed Stephen King standing in front of a black backdrop, looking at the camera, and telling the viewer how freakin' scary the movie was going to be. This 90 seconds of teaser was very creepy because King's glaring eyes were very unsettling...he is kinda scary looking. But the movie itself was a total washout. (The teaser was almost worth the price of admission. The actual film screamed REFUND)

-Jon

Last edited by Jonathan Jones; February 24th, 2007 at 06:45 PM.
Jonathan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #17
Trustee

Looks like I am once again a 'thread grim reaper'. I just dropped in to listen to the echo.

Hello?

-Jon
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #18
Major Player

Blood Stalkers.

Good luck finding this thing, and if you watch it, maybe you can explain what in the world is going on in it. It's been 10+ yeasrs since I've seen it, but I do remember at one point a gorilla arm reaching through a window to choke someone. Yeah, seriously.
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #19
Major Player

The Hills Have Eyes

Whaaat? I just saw this over the weekend, flippin through channels.

There is so much about it that doesn't work - story, stunts, acting. Some interesting makeup effects is the only plus it has.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #20
Major Player

The Hills Have Eyes

Whaaat? I just saw this over the weekend, flippin through channels.

There is so much about it that doesn't work - story, stunts, acting. Some interesting makeup effects is the only plus it has.[/QUOTE]

Which one? The original or the remake?
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #21
Major Player

The remake:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454841/

You know whats strange is that I use to love Wes Craven's stuff. There were just too many issues with the plot and the acting was not very good. I don't know that I've seen the original Wes Craven version though, I hope it's better.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #22
Major Player

House of the Dead & Alone in the Dark! Uwe Boll!!!
Marlon Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:26 AM   #23
Major Player

The original is better, The hills have eyes part 2 is coming out soon, I know I'll see, even though it's against my better judgement.
Old March 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #24
Major Player

I don't expect to much with my horror films. I liked Maximum Overdrive, I enjoyed Ananconda and it's sequel.

I'm usually not expecting the next Psycho or Halloween with a horror film. I expect camp, cheap thrills, gratuitous gore and sex and a shallow plot. But I still love horror films.

That's not to mean I don't realize when a film is bad; i.e. one of my favorite films ever is The Return of the Living Dead.
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:03 PM   #25
Major Player

I'm with John, I dont expect too much from horror films. To me, almost all are bad in one way or another. I just like em for entertainment purposes.

I found these to be big time offenders though.

Cursed - Someone told me recent it was supposed to me a comedy. I wish they had told me that before

Holloween 3 - It totally went over my head.

Hostel - After all the hype, I was super dissapointed. Would have made a better short film

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the beginning - Used almost every lame horror cliche in the book. if this was made 15 years ago, i wouldnt have cared, but the filmmakers should know damn well that horror audiences are too smart to fall for half the things in the film.

House of 1000 Corpses - Rob Zombie likes his evil characters a little bit too much. Since they had all the power in the film, I was bored waiting for the kids to die.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM   #26
Major Player

I dont know about worst, but here's the scariest horror film Ive ever seen.

VOLGA!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1458447460
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:03 PM   #27
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bournes View Post
THE FEAR! If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.
Did that film feature a wooden mannequin?

Evil Dead - the sequels managed to outshine the original.
Tromeo and Juliet - Troma films made this very very b grade horror film some years back.
Old April 4th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #28
Wrangler

Look...
Unless you are familliar with early '80s Italian zombie cinema...
You don't even know what bad is.

Erotic Nights Of The Living Dead

Rent it and tell me I'm wrong...

:)
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #29
Major Player

Justin, yes it did, and other than "leprecuhan" it's one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen.

Just to add to the list, friday the 13th, the one where "jason is in outer space"
sorry I don't remember which number it is? I think it's friday the 13th part 10? Either way it was really bad.
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #30
Regular Crew

The People Under the Stairs.

Rent it, I think it's secretly a comedy. It's that bad.

-C. Collins
Chris C. Collins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark