Worst Horror Films? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old April 7th, 2007, 12:36 AM   #31
Trustee

So last week, during a lengthy render, I turned on AMC and watched a movie called "Pinata: Survival Island".

This isn't the worst horror movie of all time, but it definately worked hard to make the list. I knew in the first 30 seconds that it would suck, but I watched it anyway. It did. But it was also just completely laughable in it use of CG, hilarious stuff. I won't go into it here, you just gotta watch it.

To make it even worse, the next day, I emailed my brother and told him about it, except I lied about its quality. We share a liking for some incredible frightening horror movies we watched growing up, the quality of which is rarely found, and I told him that "Pinata" is on par with the best of what we've seen. I told him it scared the crap outta me and that he'll love it. He got all excited and put it on his Netflix que, he can't wait to see it. What a sucker. He lives a few states away, so I expect that in a couple of weeks he's going to call and cuss me out over the phone.

Good times.

Anyway, "Pinata: Survival Island" released in 2002, also under the name "Demon Island". I read in an online review that Jaime Pressly took the role because she read the script and actually believed that it was a comedy. She was wrong, although it is funnier than alot of comedies I've seen.

Check it.

Good laughs.

-Jon
Old April 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #32
Regular Crew

I'm gonna have to go with "Nine Lives", starring Paris Hilton. The movie actually goes down hill AFTER Paris gets killed. My wife and I haven't laughed so hard at a movie since "Wet Hot American Summer". By the way, I'm not calling WHAS a bad movie, just so we're clear.
Sean Skube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #33
Major Player

Staying on the "Paris Hilton" theme

"HOUSE OF WAX"
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #34
Regular Crew

SLEEPAWAY CAMP!!

(and its sequels are even worse!)

but on the upside, it's the funniest movie of the 80's.
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM   #35
Trustee

Saw II - I guess that falls in line with all sequels. I left the movie after falling asleep twice.
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #36
Regular Crew

A lot of good choices in this thread but I would have to go with:

The Howling: Bad Moon Rising

It falls in the sequel category but it has to be the worst of all time.

If you like

Endless country line dancing scenes (put in the movie for no reason)
Horrible acting
Sound effects that don't match what is happening on screen
and REALLY cheesy special effects

you will love this movie.
Kevin Penhorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #37
Major Player

Somebody already posted C.H.U.D., but I have to admit that its one of my personal favorites. Yes, its low budget and cheesy, but I thought it was a good idea. Now, C.H.U.D. 2 was a total 180. That is by far the WORST of the worst, but it has some others not very far behind. My WORST Horror Movie list also includes:

-Any Hellraiser movie AFTER part 2, but not including part 2.
-Return of the Living Dead 3, 4, and so on...
-Dead Alive!
-Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse
-Dagon (H.P. Lovecraft would be mortified if he saw what his work had spawned...)
Shawn McCalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #38
Major Player

The Fog (remake)
Marlon Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #39
Major Player

Flipping thru the channels this weekend..."Ghoulies 2"

This definitley needs to be added to this list!
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #40
Trustee

An American Haunting

I watched this movie earlier this week. I then went to Amazon.com and wrote the following review, entitled..."This thing sucked so bad !"

-------------------
Oh, What a lousy film ! It had potential for a very creepy and moody 19th century supernatural thriller, but instead it was hashed out as an embarrassing and laughable attempt at something that almost qualifies as a weekend filler on the Lifetime Network or ABC Family. Most historical accounts of the Bell Witch are admittedly based on arguably validated fabrications that attempt to outdo themselves with each successive evolution, and some accounts (true or not) are quite scary. This movie doesn't really follow any of them, and instead capitalizes on a known legend and dresses it up with levitations, ghost wolves, and creaky floorboards. They couldn't even use the clichés properly. (The levitation and slapping scenes made me laugh)

As a positive, some of the wolf scenes are well done (such as being chased in the forest) despite the fact that it does nothing for the story. Also, the stagecoach flipping was an exceptionally executed stunt.

However, there are a few shots of the wolf (prancing under the window or trying to evade the flipping stagecoach through the fog) on which the obvious CG work was so poor that I found it a distraction.

Finally, the acting was so subpar that it seems a waste to have used such high powered talent...unless they were being blackmailed or being paid scale, I can't make sense of that one.

Avoid this movie. It is not scary.

It sucks.

----------------

So there it is.

-Jon
Old June 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #41
Major Player

Ghost Lake. If I were a special effects guy I would cry while watching it.

Although An American Haunting is a very close second. I only got about half a hour into that one before I had to say "no more."
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #42
Major Player

Anything with the Teletubbies in it.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Dracula 3000

This ends the debate. If you ever manage to have the misfortune of seeing this, I'm sure you'll agree that it is without a doubt the worst horror movie ever made. Especially in regards to the "ending". :-P
PJ Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:42 AM   #44
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Buys View Post
Anything with the Teletubbies in it.
What are you talking about?! The Teletubbies are horrifying!
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #45
Major Player

28 Weeks Later

What a horrible movie.

The friends that invited us to go see it were apologizing afterworlds. We had to go home and watch Dawn of The Dead and Shaun of The Dead just to get the horrible movie taste from our mouths.

The Idea was good, the original was decent, but this sequel was crap. 2/3 of the way through the movie they decided that the "infected" were actually zombies now ... just to get a "cool" shot! From the first scene in the movie, I already knew the ending - extremely predictable. There wasn't anything frightening about it, I didn't jump because so much time was spent to build up the moments that it was simple to see where it was going.

On the good side...there was nothing wrong with the acting.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark