DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   BSG this Sun nite (best show on TV) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/84318-bsg-sun-nite-best-show-tv.html)

John Vincent January 19th, 2007 01:43 PM

BSG this Sun nite (best show on TV)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, a show that I and many others think is the best show on TV, starts season 3.5 this Sunday night (1/21/07) on the sci-fi channel at 10 pm.

If your haven't caught the series, you're really missing out. It's got everything a drama could have, including robots and space battles! No kidding, I know many people, including women who normally wouldn't be caught dead watching a sci-fi show, who've fallen in love with BSG.

Great acting, stories, sets, music, and sfx are all part of why mags like TIME and ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY call it one of the best shows on TV.

If you want to watch the last episode of the last season for free, just head on over to sci-fi.com where it's the featured video of the month.

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com

Frank Granovski January 19th, 2007 04:19 PM

Is it on basic cable also?

Jack Zhang January 19th, 2007 05:34 PM

Unfortunatly, the Space network in Canada always gets their episodes way after the American counterparts.

Theodore McNeil January 19th, 2007 05:42 PM

Yeah, it's on basic cable.

While you could debate if it's proabley the best tv show on TV, it is the best shot scifi show ever. Also, it has the best the vfx of any scifi show ever.

The third episode this year had some vfx that (imho) was better than anything in any Star Wars film.

Frank Granovski January 19th, 2007 06:51 PM

I never liked Star Wars. Big budget but boring.

Thomas Smet January 20th, 2007 01:20 AM

Man I cannot wait for Sci-Fi to go HD later this year. I have watched some of the older BSG episodes on Universal HD and they look even better. Sci-Fi SD just doesn't look as good on my 50".

I'm sorry to do this but this has been killing me. Does anybody know what shutter speed is used for BSG. I really love this look and it looks like at least a 120:1. I have read an article about a certain episode that used a 250 shutter but I think that was just for that episode.

Keith Loh January 20th, 2007 10:39 AM

eEeeee. thanks for the reminder.

Steven Gotz January 20th, 2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Smet
Man I cannot wait for Sci-Fi to go HD later this year. I have watched some of the older BSG episodes on Universal HD and they look even better. Sci-Fi SD just doesn't look as good on my 50".

I agree. My 60" is too big for the room I moved it to, so I am really too close to the television. So SD looks pretty bad, while HD is still spectacular. I really like watching on Universal HD.

Bruce Foreman January 22nd, 2007 01:00 AM

I don't think I'll ever be able to look my toaster square in the face before my 5th cup of coffee in the morning.

Steven Gotz January 22nd, 2007 09:31 AM

If your toaster has a face, you might want to consider unplugging it. RIGHT AWAY!!!!

Marcus Marchesseault January 28th, 2007 03:00 PM

I want a toaster that says "By Your command" when I select Light toasting. AND I want it to make the toast Light, not burnt around the edges and raw in the middle. Maybe making a toaster smart enough to make proper toast is how it all got started...