Sopranos fans....Whatcha think? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 4th, 2007, 06:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Sopranos fans....Whatcha think?

Only one more to go....I've sure been enjoying this last bit.

Bob T.
Old June 6th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #2
Outer Circle

So what happened? I stopped watching the show years ago.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #3
Major Player

The inevitable: Death to the Soprano Crew.

It has been foreshadowed since the first season. It's nice for it to come in on a long promise.

I like how I love and hate, plus despise, Tony. I want him to change his ways but I want him to pay for his ways.

I also enjoy the psychological aspects of Tony seeing a shrink and the relationship he has with her.

A lot has happened and I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

The bell tolls for Tony...
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Major Player

Man, I just really started watching last season and some of the things in the last three episodes have been a jolt

I'm sure the regulars saw them coming though.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Major Player

I thought the last few episodes were riveting-I didnt expect the Christopher episode, or his son's change--the pool scene was a real stand out--and I wasnt a fan of Robert Iger's character but he really did a great job in that episode -but the finale...

if there are zero plans for a movie or a reunion show, then it was somewhat clever conclusion...maybe. in a twisted sort of way..but the story content seemed disjointed from the episodes that preceded it-especially what they did with the son. It seemed almost a parody. The Phil Leotardo plot was shut down rather quickly right as it was getting interesting(when the finale started I was totally on edge waiting to see what happened--but by the end it was "huh?)"
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #6
Major Player

What do you think happened at the last moment in the last episode?

*********SPOILER!!!***********DO NOT READ BELOW*******

From the looks of the last frame of the episode, it looks like Tony got it. Meadow was coming in the door, as Tony looked up. Instead of seeing a smile to greet his daughter, we saw him reach down as if he was getting a gun. Then the screen went black and that is all the viewer knows. Makes me wonder...
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #7
Major Player

I think that.......

SPOILERS

they were manipulating the audience with the activity in the place. Like the guy sitting at the bar who was looking rather interested in Tony--then he got up and went to the bathroom. And then the two black guys came in(I was thinking--maybe there is going to be a random hold up and Tony or someone gets caught in the middle?)

And the way they dragged out Meadow's parking--maybe it was to set her up?

But the thing is--it was unlikely something would happen to her--because it would seem too much like Godfather 3.
The same with him going into the Witness Protection program. Good Fellas.

I think they just left it ambiguous so you would be left with your own ideas about what happened next. It was a life goes on type of conclusion and a F* you at the same time.

I didnt get the impression he was going for a gun--though i would have to watch it again to see if I picked up anything. If he had been killed in a non Mob crime--that would have been something.
Actually I thought maybe he was going to be caught with some terrorism charge because of the absestos dumping.
Something weird and ironic.

Hmm
now that its over I have to think what my favorite episodes were.
I cant remember the first and second season too well--but I liked the Robert Patrick-degenerate gambler storyline in particular.

The episode where Charles Dutton plays an honest cop and Tony gets his politician friend to have him fired was one I remember well, but I think my favorite was the last Ralphie Cifaretto episode where he and Tony are all buddy buddy one minute, then the conversation changes to the horse barn fire and..

I loved that show. When it was so-so, it was so-so. But when it was good--it was really good!
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #8
Major Player

Those are some of my favorites too.
Old June 16th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #9
Major Player

"Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on..."
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark