Transformers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old July 6th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Transformers

Didn't see any transformers topic, so I thought I'd start one.
I was very negative on this movie from the announcement to about two weeks ago, when I found myself suddenly wanting to see it. I watched it last night, and WOW! way cool! Not great, not the best movie ever, but a ton of fun! Which is what I had hoped Spidey 3 would have been, instead of the emo sobfest that it was.
Anyone else surprised by how fun it was?
Sean Skube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I really enjoyed Transformers. I was actually surprised at how funny some parts of it were. It was a really enjoyable film, and the effects work by ILM was amazing.

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #3
New Boot

Very cool FX. Thinking about the render times of 30+ hours for a frame on some of the sequences makes me dizzy. Michael Bay is at the top of his game when it comes to action. On the other hand, getting good performances from the actors or even caring about those performances is his weak spot. Overall though it was a terrific action movie and lots of fun.
Craig Roblewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Major Player

Yep, I just saw it yesterday and I have to agree with you guys - one hell of a fun movie! Sure it's not perfect (Optimus should NOT have had mouth!... oh, and there's some convoluted story telling.... but a mouth? A MOUTH?!) but it puts the popcorn factor into overdrive.

I might even see it twice.
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #5
New Boot

I saw Transformers today and I thought it was awesome. Does anyone remember what Autobot is short for? haha lame question =P
Brandon Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I saw it again last night, and lemme tell you, it's better the second time around. You see more of the transformations, and you know what's coming so that you can anticipate and see more of the things that are elsewhere in the frame. It was well worth it.

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Does anyone know what Optimus pulled out of Megatron's chest in the end. I think its a reference to the beast wars golden disk but I cant be sure. Real nerdy question...
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #8
Trustee

Saw it today with my two nephews 14 and 16. We all though it was great. Both nephews were not familar with transformers but grew up on bionicles which in some ways are similar. Alan, I thought it was a piece of the cube that was removed but I could be wrong.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #9
Major Player

BIG, DUMB, CORNY - but unbelievably entertaining all the same.
Tyson Perkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark