Black Magic Designs Camera- Status Anyone - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old March 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Re: Black Magic Designs Camera- Status Anyone

Delivery is now pending for me. Looking forward to the new challenges.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada

Chris: I would encourage you to mount one of the "offending" lenses as soon as possible to see if you need to send your right back for the well documented "infinity focus" issue, before TOO many are right back in the system... I've been able to replicate on a number of lenses already.
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #48
Inner Circle

Supposedly, latest shipping ones are already recalibrated. Hope that is the case. My only EF lenses are the 18-55 Kit lens that came with the Canon T21, and the 28-80 mm Utrasonic I bought on EBay, just to say I shot autofocus on the 5D Mark II. Most of glass iI intend to use are old Nikon's and Pentax lenses with adapters and with out automated setting. I am curious to see how they will fare with the camera. Any one shooting that old glass yet ?
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #49
Regular Crew

I use a lot of my old Nikon glass on the BMC with a cheap (35 bucks) Chinese adapter from ebay, Same goes for my vintage (1960s) medium format Zeiss primes (Pentacon Six) - they look amazing on the BMC.

Some of my favorite glass is two Vivitar Series one zooms though- from the first batch, that where still made by Kino Precession. They are a PITA to work with, since they are pumpgun style zooms, so it takes a real man to handle them, but the image they give is awesome.

Frank
Frank Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #50
Inner Circle

I received by Black Magic Camera last week from Omega Broadcast in Texas. I am seeing no issues on any of my lens combinations at this point. My first shooting was to use it in a DVInfo UWOL contest which has to do with a horizon theme, and so I have had a bit of experience shooting distant objects and trying to get focus. I have used the Canon 18-55 that came stock with my T2i, as well as several of my vintage Nikons. My first foray with the camera demonstrates that I need to learn more about shooting in film settings and taking it to a finished image. I don't doubt that I have a lot more latitude just in my limited experience, but it still takes a better understanding than I have at the moment. Taking the shots into post, I noted I tended to push my final product into the greens because I was trying to push up the grasses that were predominant in the shot. I am pretty sure that if I had some knowledge of Davinci, I probably could have resolved that (no pun intended), but I just didn't have the time to devote at the moment.
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #51
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post

Some of my favorite glass is two Vivitar Series one zooms though- from the first batch, that where still made by Kino Precession. They are a PITA to work with, since they are pumpgun style zooms, so it takes a real man to handle them, but the image they give is awesome.

Frank
Frank, I have a pump style Nikon Nikkor 80-200 that is probably similar in function to the Vivitars you speak of. I actually used it in the shoot I spoke of above, though I didn't actually zoom during recording.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Just received my first MFT version of the BMC today, can't wait till the MFT-PL mount adapter shows up to finally mount the Zeiss Superspeeds and other cineglasss.

Compared to my EF mount BMC, my new MFT BMC opens up a whole new world of glass.
Frank Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #53
Inner Circle

<green with envy> Let us know how it goes !

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera