DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   BlackMagic Cinema Camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackmagic-cinema-camera/)
-   -   anyone get the new BM pocket cam yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackmagic-cinema-camera/517309-anyone-get-new-bm-pocket-cam-yet.html)

Alex Anderson June 19th, 2013 02:00 PM

anyone get the new BM pocket cam yet?

According to another post, these cams were being shipped last week and people should have them by now. Does anyone have one yet? Is there any new footage that we can see and download that is the original size?

AA

Noa Put June 19th, 2013 02:08 PM

Re: anyone get the new BM pocket cam yet?

Besides the ones from John Brawley I haven't seen or found any bmcpc footage yet.

Jeff Troiano June 19th, 2013 03:20 PM

Can you reference the specific post? I know BM has recently started shipping the MTF mount Cinema Camera, but not the Pocket Camera. I've had my order in since middle May, and haven't received anything yet.

Alex Anderson June 19th, 2013 03:44 PM

I can't find that post now?? very strange. I wonder if it was pulled down or on another forum. I recall the topic being about a release date and I think a woman named Christine replied saying BM was shipping the next day and people should start getting their cam next week. it's been over a week. I read somewhere earlier this morning. Or, maybe I am wrong and misunderstood if they were talking about a different BM camera.

Jeff Troiano June 19th, 2013 03:59 PM

I remember a post saying something like that mbut it was in reference to the MTF mount Cinema Camera

Frank Glencairn June 20th, 2013 02:36 AM

Yeah, that was over in the BM forum - Christine Peterson and it was the MFT.

Ryan Jones June 20th, 2013 04:46 AM

Should be end of next month. HOPEFULLY! :)

Koravik Rakpetchmanee June 20th, 2013 01:34 PM

I pre-ordered it and I was told that I will get it in August.

John McCully June 20th, 2013 11:52 PM

My reseller originally told me June (when I placed the order) and now he's saying July, 'we hope'.

Noa Put June 21st, 2013 07:12 PM

Did he say "2013"? :)

John McCully June 21st, 2013 07:43 PM

Ha ha, yes indeed; good point; no he didn’t. I’m not holding my breath but rather getting on with it with cameras I already have (despite the horrible weather here right now). July, even August is OK. Not a lot of money involved but I probably should have been smart, like you, and waited until production model footage is available.

John McCully June 23rd, 2013 11:09 PM

July he says...

Philip Lipetz June 25th, 2013 12:23 PM

July the BM spokesperson says on their forum:

Re: Pocket Cinema and 4K camera update
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:08 pm

dregenthal wrote:
I noticed a short while ago that B&H has changed their "expected availability" to August 25th on their website (for both the Pocket and 4k cams).

We are still expecting cameras to ship by the end of July, so please don't read this B&H update as an official camera delay. Dealers are free to post any availability date they are comfortable with on their site.
Christine Peterson

Community Relations Manager
Blackmagic Design

Noa Put June 25th, 2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Dealers are free to post any availability date they are comfortable with on their site.
Could it be the dealers are feeling uncomfortable with any deliverdate bmc promises, why would that be? :)

I sure hope they deliver as promised so we finally can talk about the footage the camera produces instead of talking about getting the camera and when, that's about the only thing I see talking about when it comes to a bmc camera.

Jeff Troiano June 25th, 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1801927)
I sure hope they deliver as promised so we finally can talk about the footage the camera produces instead of talking about getting the camera and when, that's about the only thing I see talking about when it comes to a bmc camera.

Agreed!

The footage thst John Brawley has been able/allowed to release has definitely wet my appetite for sure. I know he's a busy guy. But I sure wish BM would allow a few others to shoot and release some footage. Also I'd love to see some of the "compressed RAW" footage, and I'd love to be able to download some sample footage and play around with it myself.