Bmpcc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old July 8th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #1
DVi Contributor

Bmpcc

So I have two Pockets. One with the most recent software update, and it is having issues. It will not display F-stops on the screen. Cant control the iris either, and then the auto focus is way slower then the other camera. Focus is just strange, ran into that issue while trying to figure out why the camera wont control Iris. Anyway, has anyone else run into this with the lastest software?
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Bmpcc

Firmware 1.8. Lumix 12-35mm No problem controlling iris. In fact it now remembers the setting when turning off and back on instead of jumping to f22 or whatever current lighting situation is. Focus actually works now rather than just stopping out of focus under 1.5.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 05:51 AM   #3
Inner Circle

It's an Olympus m4/3 lens.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Craig,

I hope this isn't getting too far off topic but I have a Panasonic 12-35mm that causes an image flicker during zooms on both a BMPCC and a GH4. Do you have this problem and has firmware 1.8 done anything to lessen the flicker?
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #5
Major Player

If you get flicker on two different cameras you should be considering the bit that is common to both: the lens. What sort of flicker? I have the same lens on the BMPCC (v1.8) and have no problems.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 06:17 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Serena,

I am encouraged to learn that you do not have this problem. The flickering looks like brief fluctuations in light intensity and apparently occurs during zooming in several models of MFT lenses. I bought the GH4 and lens from a Melbourne dealer and I have been back since and noticed that the flickering occurs is their demonstration version also.

The only explanation I have heard is that the iris diameter is varied electronically during a zoom to keep the exposure constant and that the process is not as smooth as it might be. I hope it is a problem that can be improved by a firmware update.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #7
Austinite

Flicker or no flicker, HALF PRICE!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/omegab...t/14483272320/
Phil Goetz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera