DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old August 4th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: BMPCC promotion must be working

Hi Phil. Any idea how long it will be before BM will be sending more cameras? I order my camera a 5 days after the start of the promotion. Do you think they'll really be able to meet their estimated 4 to 6 weeks before shipping?
Old August 6th, 2014, 03:23 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Goetz View Post
It sure was fun though. The US distributor received 9800 orders in two hours and then had 20 cameras TOTAL to send to resellers. We got a handful. It was fun talking to clients and managing expectations. I think this camera is GREAT for introducing a new generation to Micro Four Thirds. In 2010 the Panasonic AG-AF100 introduced me to to Micro Four Thirds and all the adapters possible under the sun and now folks are doing that writ large with the BMPCC. Bravo.
9800 orders and 20 cameras. Funny. My reseller is telling me that they will ship my camera by the end of August. They've been doing their fair share of expectation management too (partly my expectations). Lets hope that BM has their manufacturing up to speed and you guys don't have to do too much more 'managing of expectations' before our cameras arrive.
Ben Denham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Now if I could just figure out how to manage my wife's expectations of what I'll get done today around the house. One major downside of working out of a home office!!!
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Ah the pitfalls of the home office/studio. I find myself managing those expectations too.
Ben Denham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera