BMPCC - Delivery Status at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Trustee

BMPCC - Delivery Status

Trying to get a sense of where various suppliers are in filling orders for the BMPCC since the 50% off sale. I ordered from B&H on July 21 and just spoke with them. They could not tell me where they were in filling orders. Has anyone ordered from B&H and received their camera? If so when did you place your order? It would be interesting to see the same for other retailers too.
Old August 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: BMPCC - Delivery Status

Same story I got from B&H a week ago - sor of an "You'll get it when we get it" kind of thing
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I ordered from BH the same day as you Garret, my order lists as 'pending', costumer service told me the same as Jim. At least we seem to be all in the same boat.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #4
Trustee

Erick, my order is listed as "On Order". Wonder which is better. In any case it seems that they are just filling them as they get cameras in but are not willing to say where they are in order.

It would be nice if they could say that they've shipped cameras ordered up to a certain date.
Old August 7th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I checked my order status

The order placed on 7/22 used to say "On Order" with a tracking status of "Pending"

Now it says "New Order Processing" with same tracking status.

The order placed 7/26 Says "On Order" with same tracking status of "Pending"

Wonder what that all means??? Is "New Order Processing" better than "On Order"???

The price on the website is now back to $995, so no more $495 cams can be ordered.

A hundred years ago (well, actually 50 years ago) when I worked for IBM and Mainframes were the only game in town, when IBM brought out a new system they took what they called "First Day Orders" and then randomized ship dates. There was an active market in delivery positions so all kinds of people who had no intention (or $) to buy an IBM Mainframe would place a bunch of orders and cancel the ones with late delivery dates and sell early delivery dates to companies that had a close-in need for a system.

(Those were the days!!!! Now IBM is trying to sell off their chip business and Bloomberg News is reporting that IBM is going to have to pay a $Billion or two to get someone to buy the aging facilities. Times change.)

I wonder if there is some similar speculation going on with these cameras.

Last edited by Jim Andrada; August 7th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old August 8th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #6
Major Player

Also ordered from B&H (along with Metabones EF Adapter) and get the same useless order status info.
Obviously B&H cannot provide status info if they have to firm shipping info, but it makes the whole idea of their Order Status system rather pointless. The good news is those that did meet the deadline at the special price will eventually obtain their cameras... we hope.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I also ordered from B&H. I ordered on 7/16 and it was in the same "on order" status for a long time. At the time I ordered it their website said it would ship in 2-3 days. After a week I emailed them and they responded that they did not know when it would ship. Well I just checked on Wednesday 8/6 and it has finally shipped. It is scheduled to arrive on Monday 8/11.

So I don't know if that helps you that are waiting impatiently like I have been, but good news is they have starting shipping the backlog, but then again I ordered mine the day it went on sale, I just did not get around to making the order until that night when I got off work. It was kind of frustrating not knowing when it was coming. I almost canceled my order with BH when Adorama posted their supply on amazon, a couple of days after the sale started. Kind of wish I did now. I would have had the camera a lot sooner.
Joshua Reafsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Regular Crew

My order status is:
Order Status: New order processing / Tracking: Pending

I stop by BH a week and half ago and asked if they had it in stock, the response from the sales rep was 4-6 weeks.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #9
Inner Circle

A friend who ordered from BH on 7/18/2014 got hers today. I ordered from Adorama on the 27th, and have had no change to my back ordered status.
Old August 29th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #10
Trustee

I just got a note from B&H.I ordered on 7/21. They said, still on order waiting for it from the manufacturer. Great, thanks a lot. LOL.
Old August 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Got a note from Adorama today. Camera is shipping. Meantime, my friend brought hers over, and I have now had first hand experience with the Pocket camera. Very similar in operation to my BMCC EF. She has a Metabones Nikon to MTF adapter that works great with my old Nikon glass.
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #12
Trustee

Seems that Adorama is getting cameras in faster than B&H.
Old August 30th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #13
Major Player

Ordered from B&H (along with Metabones EF Speedbooster) on 7/30 and still getting the "4-6 weeks shipping" reply.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:23 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Maybe B&H has a bigger order backlog than Adorama, which might account for the difference.
Old September 1st, 2014, 11:28 PM   #15
Trustee

OK. Just checked on the status of my 7/21 order from B&H and it has finally been changed to In Stock, order sent to warehouse. So hopefully it will ship tomorrow and I'll have it by the end of the week. Guess it's time to look for the best price on some SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB cards.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera