Sony F3 - good bnc cable length? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Trustee

Sony F3 - good bnc cable length?

Hi, I have a project coming up where I will be using a HyperDeck shuttle 2 and wondering if anyone recommends any particular length BNC cable to go from the HyperDeck to the F3.

I will be mounting a vertical plate on rails behind the F3 with the HyperDeck on one side and an IDX power plate on the other side to power both the camera and recorder.

I hate extra cables, so am looking at either a 6" or 8", maybe 12"... but any recommendations based on your personal experience or what I may lose or gain with "too short" a cable?

I guess the obvious one is losing the ability to move the entire plate further back on the rails incase you want more or less counter-balance..

Any advise would be great!
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony F3 - good bnc cable length?

I settled for 10" which ought to be enough if I keep the deck closer to the camera side on the plate, and the power further away.

Incase this helps anyone I found a great U.S. seller on ebay who makes custom cables and can accommodate any BNC connector you need on the ends. His store is : cablebuyer | eBay
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Sony F3 - good bnc cable length?

That eBay seller is a good guy - I've dealt with him a few times now. Anything you want - I got a 12" BNC for the Shuttle. And 1-day shipping to Minneapolis! :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle