Recording F3 422SLOG to Hyperdeck Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Recording F3 422SLOG to Hyperdeck Problems

Hi Guys, Im having a problem recording SLOG422 to my Hyperdeck2 at all. And on top of that not having the option of using my external EVF on my F3. What am I doing wrong?

I updated my F3 to Version 1.4 which should enable me to use SLOG with at least 422.

-Turning on 1.5G Ypbpr422 & Video (which is seemingly the only option with the V1.4 update), does not change the look of the Material at all.

-The gamma curves and picture profiles are not turned off as I expected

-It also disables me to simultaneously use the HDMI port, even though im only using one of the Dual Link SDI ports.

So, what I want is:
-Have HDMI Port on and my SDI Port running on SLOG422 with 1 BNC Cable
-Have my Display Options (Sound Levels etc.) on my HDMI VF
-Not have my Display Options burned into the SDI Signal

Is that somehow possible? Or am I stuck with just YUV422 If I need to use my HDMI Port?
Matthias Sachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Recording F3 422SLOG to Hyperdeck Problems

slog is accessible only via creating a custom picture profile.

press the custom profile button on the back of your F3 under neath the viewfinder and create a new profile. Call it slog for fun, then go into the settings and under GAMMA select SLOG instead of REC709.

You might also want to turn the matrix and detail to OFF. That is a closer representation of what the original PAID RGB upgrade slog offered in terms of look.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Recording F3 422SLOG to Hyperdeck Problems

Done. THX Dennis
Matthias Sachal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle