Taiwan OEM makers receive huge Blu-Ray burner orders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring

Old August 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #1
Trustee

Taiwan OEM makers receive huge Blu-Ray burner orders

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20070814PD213.html

At first I didn’t think much about this article but around a few minutes later I had a feeling that maybe Apple is one of the companies that placed a very large order.

I hope my speculation becomes true but then again the first likely candidate to receive it is the Mac Pro and I’m trying to get a MacBook Pro which may get it a few months after. At least I’m certain that they realize that once their computers have either a Blu-Ray or an HD-DVD burner and update Final Cut Pro, the sales will increase dramatically. If they continue to wait, then I’m afraid that a lot of the new buyers may opt to get another editing program such as Premiere or they may decide to purchase a Windows computer instead.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #2
Major Player

It would not surprise me in the least if it was Dell, or HP

As the price of Quad Core machines approaches and drops through the ~$1000 level, it would be hard to believe that demand for a means of HD output was not taking off.

And we are approaching that time for the orders to be in for Thanksgiving and Christmas sales, are we not?

YMMV
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well I'm hoping for Mac Book Pros with internal Blue Ray drives as well, but I don't expect an update before the MacWorld expo 2008. And maybe they'll do it like they did in 2006 with the Mac Book Pros and keep it in the closet even longer just to present it at a special press conference in march.
Alexander Wrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #4
Major Player

This is great news. It'll help in some regard. Remember with Apple's Blue and White G3's had DVD-RAM drives? It helped to have the storage...

I own an HD camera, HD computer.. and yet, can't burn to HD discs for people yet. It's about time!
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Trustee

I just thought of something yesterday. Apple did say that they plan to have all of their MacBook Pro’s using LED back-lit by the end of this year and the 17” model still needs it. Also, Intel’s 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo will be out early next month. That’s the minimum spec for the next 17” model. Adding a Blu-Ray burner and updating Final Cut Studio would make this the perfect laptop.

At least Apple has finally given us one option that a lot of professionals were waiting impatiently for and that’s the 1920x1200 screen.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring