DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   Blu-Ray authoring coming to DVDA!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/119434-blu-ray-authoring-coming-dvda.html)

Mike Kujbida April 14th, 2008 08:17 PM

Blu-Ray authoring coming to DVDA!!

As noted in today's official press release from NAB.

LAS VEGAS, NV — (NAB Tradeshow Booth # SL12413) - Following the industry-wide adoption of the Sony Blu-ray high definition DVD format, Sony Creative Software today announced upgrades to its DVD Architect and Blu-print applications for authoring Blu-ray discs. Ongoing development of Blu-ray authoring solutions reinforces Sony's commitment to offer comprehensive production solutions, from software to hardware, at the prosumer and global production scale.

Shipping in mid-June, DVD Architect 5 software will be available as a free downloadable upgrade to all registered Vegas Pro 8 users, as the Vegas Pro software ships bundled with the DVD Architect application.

James Binder April 14th, 2008 09:27 PM

>>>>>>>Nice!

Perrone Ford April 15th, 2008 01:03 AM

That's a game changer for me. Excellent news.

Paul Cascio April 15th, 2008 06:46 AM

What is Blu Print?
Thanks

Mike Kujbida April 15th, 2008 07:45 AM

The press release I linked to says this:

Available in May, Blu-print 4.3 enterprise software helps to simplify the complexity of producing fully interactive Blu-ray discs at professional studios or authoring houses. Delivering on the partnership announcement made last month, Blu-print 4.3 now features integration with Ensequence on-Q Create for Blu-ray Java, which enables Blu-ray Disc developers to create and distribute Java based interactive experiences to viewers worldwide. Blu-print 4.3 features an intuitive user interface, as well as automation tools to simplify otherwise daunting tasks, such as creating multi-story Blu-ray discs. Blu-print 4.3 offers a full-featured high level scripting language that saves DVD authors from having to write BD assembly codes, as well as the ability to export all project objects into XML files for easy BD-Java authoring using Ensequence on-Q Create for Blu-ray Java.

And here's the official Sony explanation on Blu-print.

John McGinley April 15th, 2008 11:53 AM

Does it do Blu-Ray Subtitles? That's what I care about right now.

Alastair Brown April 15th, 2008 12:09 PM

Somebody Pinch Me!

Alastair Brown April 15th, 2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McGinley (Post 860946)
Does it do Blu-Ray Subtitles? That's what I care about right now.

Subtitle presentation graphics: Blu-print provides full support for subtitle streams for both image and text-based subtitles. Blu-print allows input of subtitles individually or by importing a file.

from

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...s/bluprint.asp

John McGinley April 15th, 2008 12:31 PM

I was speaking more to the DVD Architect application

Alastair Brown April 15th, 2008 12:32 PM

System Requirements
Workstation class PC with the following minimum capabilities

* CPU: 3.6GHz (4.0GHz preferred)
* 1GB of RAM (2GB preferred)
* 200GB HDD (Two HDDs preferred for faster multiplexing, image creation and verification)
* Gigabit Ethernet
* Any video-card with 256 or more MB (dual DVI preferred)
* Two(2) 1920x1080 enabled widescreen displays
* Blu-print requires US English Windows® XP OS. It does not support other localized versions of Windows®.

Wonder why two displays? I'm good to go, just wondering why?

Axel Scheffler April 15th, 2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastair Brown (Post 860973)
System Requirements
Workstation class PC with the following minimum capabilities

* CPU: 3.6GHz (4.0GHz preferred)
* 1GB of RAM (2GB preferred)

I wonder, which CPU fab is producing these CPUs? AMD and Intel are running out of speed at around 3.2GHz. Any higher frequency is overclocked and with that, out of spec from the fab. Are you renting the NASA headquarter computer system when you wanna make a blu-ray?

Axel, San Jose

Adam Letch April 15th, 2008 07:42 PM

I would hope

this is a update and not something we'll have to purchase, blueray should be supported by all authoring programs even at a base level.

(Edit: Ok, I'm a duffa, and should actually read before typing, it is free, I have voluntarily given myself a clip behind the ears!)

Chad Dyle April 15th, 2008 08:24 PM

For some reason, I had never heard of Blu-Print before NAB. After I stood watching a demo of it at the Sony booth, I had to ask how much. $50,000 was the response I received. If that is in fact the price, come on DVD Architect!!!

Jon Fairhurst April 15th, 2008 11:08 PM

According to the guy I spoke with, moving a DVD-A project to BD should be a snap. Just "save as" an existing project, change the project properties to BD, drop in higher-res media, prepare and burn.

I hope that promise comes true!

John Cline April 16th, 2008 01:32 AM

Yes, Blu-Print is indeed $50,000. Up until the release of DVD Architect v5, the only reasonably priced way to create Blu-Ray discs has been Adobe Encore CS3. Encore works pretty well, but it does have some strange menu quirks. I'm really looking forward to DVD Architect v5.