DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   How do I render for Blu-Ray Disc? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/127229-how-do-i-render-blu-ray-disc.html)

Darin Holiday August 2nd, 2008 11:03 AM

How do I render for Blu-Ray Disc?

I need a simple workflow for rendering to Blu-Ray Disc.

I have Vegas 8.0
DVD Architect 5

I tried using the Blu-Ray Mpeg2 template. but i only end up with audio.

Please help!

Thank you!

David Wayne Groves August 2nd, 2008 01:32 PM

Make sure if you are doing a MPEG2 render you choose Mainconcept MPEG-2 as the save as type , and also make sure you choose Bluray 1440x1080 in the template box...I should render a file that DVDA5 will see and burn to a Bluray disc, using this template will also keep DVDA5 from rerendering the footage as well.....

Michael Ojjeh August 2nd, 2008 06:03 PM

What do you render your HDV footage in Vegas 8 before you import it to DVD Architect 5 ?

They say you can set your menu in DVDA5 and burn A DVD and Blu-ray disc from the same set up, So I am assuming all your renderd footage from Vegas8 is MPEG2(m2t files) right ??????

Hugh Mobley August 2nd, 2008 06:50 PM

You can also render sony avc blu ray, it will include audio, or mpeg 2 blu ray, render video separate, name video, audio the same, dvda will import audio when you import mpeg2, you didn't indicate if you had blu ray burner, player. etc.

Michael Ojjeh August 3rd, 2008 07:38 PM

Hugh,
I have been burning Blu-ray disc from the timeline on vegas 8, But I have not burned any on DVDA5 yet,
I am still not clear what is the best way to burn a DVD and Blu-ray disc from the same menu on DVDA5 ? Is renderd MPEG2 files from Vegas 8 is the right way ?

Alastair Brown August 5th, 2008 06:24 AM

Which is likely to give the better results, avc or MPEG2?

Bill Ravens August 5th, 2008 06:42 AM

AVC uses higher compression ratios than MPEG2. It also uses more processor power to decode and playback than mpeg2. AVC can give better results than mpeg2 with some caveats, depending on the encoding bitrate used.

Darin Holiday August 6th, 2008 07:57 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys! Problem solved. That is why I love this board.

Steve Mullen August 16th, 2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastair Brown (Post 916664)
Which is likely to give the better results, avc or MPEG2?

The DVDA 5 manual says to use the Templates in Vegas 8. The manual further says AVC can be up to 40Mbps -- which is correct.

But, the V8 Templates have a 15Mbps setting for AVC. (Which is correct for AVCHD but not for BD.) You can alter it, but only up to 20Mbps. HOW do you get 40Mbps? Or, at least 35Mbps?

PS: Likewise, the MPEG-2 Template setting is only 25Mbps, not 40Mbps.

Norris Combs October 2nd, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Wayne Groves (Post 915635)
Make sure if you choose Bluray 1440x1080 in the template box..

Isn't 1920 x 1080 the Blu Ray spec? I'm planning on burning the high def video clip on a standard dvd disc, and was told that if the video length is under about 20 minutes, this would work. This SD DVD disc, containing HD footage, would be playable in a BD player.
Thanks,