DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   M2t to blu ray (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/133617-m2t-blu-ray.html)

Fred Foronda September 19th, 2008 12:56 PM

M2t to blu ray

Been out of the loop on this hobby now getting back to it. Need some help and please keep it simple. I have tons of finalized projects as a m2t file and on HDV tape. I have vegas 7. I would like to author to BR now. Do I need to update to Vegas 8? Will the new Architect 5 directly form m2t file author a BR disc or are there more steps.

Thanks

Edward Troxel September 19th, 2008 01:06 PM

Yes, you will need to upgrade to Vegas Pro 8/DVD Architect 5.

Vegas Pro 8 can burn Blu-ray discs straight from the timeline with no menus.

If you want menus, DVD Architect 5 can author Blu-ray discs.

Phil Hamilton September 19th, 2008 02:54 PM

So in addition to version 8.x you will need a Blu-ray burner correct and if anyone has any suggestions on models let me know. I have the same question. Tks!!

Alastair Brown September 19th, 2008 10:02 PM

Pioneer BDR-202 is working fine for me alongside DVDA5.

Fred Foronda March 11th, 2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 939682)
Yes, you will need to upgrade to Vegas Pro 8/DVD Architect 5.

Vegas Pro 8 can burn Blu-ray discs straight from the timeline with no menus.

If you want menus, DVD Architect 5 can author Blu-ray discs.

I place the edited project which is an m2t file on Vegas 8 timeline. From there it can directly burn to BR? Or there is a conversion that Vegas 8 will do before going into BR? Same question for as going from m2t to BR using DVDA 5. Thanks

Edward Troxel March 11th, 2009 07:16 AM

In Vegas Pro 8, go to Tools - Burn Disc - BluRay Disc

Prech Marton March 11th, 2009 09:45 AM

does this recompress?
maybe to 1920x1080?
or 1440x1080 is also a standard BD format?

how long is this process?

Terry Esslinger March 11th, 2009 09:54 AM

I believe you can burn HD content with regular DVD burner and to regular DVD discs. But you are limited to about 20 minutes. May also be liimited to what players will work with it.

Dale Guthormsen March 11th, 2009 11:23 AM

Good Morning,

My research has shown the least problems with the pioneer 202. It also can burn dual layers and rewitable discs to if I recal!!

I just recently burnt 17 minutes of blu ray onto a sony dvd-rw and a dvd+ both burnt beautifully off of the time line.

I played the blu ray on a sony br player purchased on sale at walmart and it plays perfect. hd of course.

At the cost of bl r discs this is a terrific option.

Terry Esslinger March 11th, 2009 02:32 PM

Dale,
Did you burn this with a BR burner or a standard burner?

Steven Thomas March 11th, 2009 02:41 PM

Using Vegas from the timeline option, you can burn HD (around 17 minutes) right to a standard DVD using your standard DVD writer.

Norris Combs March 11th, 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Thomas (Post 1026165)
Using Vegas from the timeline option, you can burn HD (around 17 minutes) right to a standard DVD using your standard DVD writer.

Can this SD DVD which contains HD material be played on a Blu Ray drive ,or a standalone BR player?

Thanks,

Terry Esslinger March 12th, 2009 11:55 AM

I can play it on my PS3.

Dale Guthormsen March 12th, 2009 08:09 PM

Terry,

I tried it in a couple different br players. Sony brand played the dvd, I burnt it with Vegas with my standard dvd burner. I am not a gamer so I did not want to get a ps3.

I think this is a great means of working with HD until I need full sized discs and break down and purchase a pioneer 202. I really wanted to see the HD br stuff before investing fully. I am impressed enough to carry on. Also at the expense of br discs right now much of what i doo can be kept to 17 minutes and just use a couple dvd's that are dirt cheap.

so far I have had no jobs that requested HD blu ray material.

Marcus Martell April 11th, 2009 08:20 PM

How long did you take to burn 20 minutes on a normal dvd?Because right now i'm trying the first test and my pc for 10 minutes of movie is taking about 70 minutes!
Is it normal?4gb nvidia quadro fx3600 mmmmmmmmmm!