DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   Blue ray Burner for a laptop... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/145515-blue-ray-burner-laptop.html)

Marcus Martell March 10th, 2009 04:05 AM

Blue ray Burner for a laptop...

Hi guys i was reading that you were talking about the Pioneer BDR-203, i wanted to know what dvd BD you suggest to buy for a laptop(internal or external).Thanks a lot

MM

Tripp Woelfel March 10th, 2009 05:55 AM

Firstly, it's my experience that external burners are more reliable in the long term. They don't get banged around as much. I have two year old Sony laptop and a three year old HP laptop and the optical drives in both are simply unreliable now, and I'm not hard on gear.

As for external units, look for one with a burner make by the major names like Pioneer, LG, Lite On or Sony. From the research I did before I bought my LG late last year, they're all pretty reliable. There might be other makes out there, but I'm not aware of them.

HTH

Marcus Martell March 10th, 2009 08:18 AM

thx 4 the moment

Gary Bettan March 10th, 2009 12:22 PM

We've put together the Pioneer BDR-203 into a kit with an external housing and extra medai for just $299.

The BDR-203 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer is the next generation Blu-ray Disc Writer from Pioneer. This BD/DVD/CD Writer will write up to 8x on BD-R (25Gbytes) and BD-R DL (50Gbytes) media. This writer allows users to test & author high-definition Blu-ray Disc content while also delivering the ability for high-capacity data storage. The BDR-203 can read BD-ROM and BD-ROM DL, read/write single and dual layer BD-R & BD-RE discs, read DVD-ROM, and read/write most DVD and CD recordable media formats.

The NexStar DX connects to your computer through USB 2.0, offering speeds up to 480Mbps and eliminating the need to open your system!

This bundle contains: Sale Price
• Pioneer BDR-203 Internal Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer $229.95
• Verbatim Blu-ray Disc Bundle with 5 BD-R 25GB Discs and 1 BD-RE 25GB Disc $79.95
• Eye Scream Factory DVD Art Essentials $29.95
• Vantec NexStar DX External 5.25" SATA Enclosure $45.00

Total Sale Price: $384.85
Bundle Savings: $84.90
Bundle Price: $299.95

Videoguys.com - Pioneer BDR-203 Mega Bundle with External Enclosure

Gary

Marcus Martell March 13th, 2009 09:13 AM

Wow, i wish i could find something like thishere in Spain....
Do you think is it possible?

thx

Gary Bettan March 13th, 2009 09:22 AM

we ship all over the world. you would have to pay any additional import duty & taxes.

GAry

Paul Cascio March 13th, 2009 10:18 AM

Am I correct that you need a laptop with a good graphics card too in order to play Blu-ray?

Marcus Martell April 11th, 2009 06:57 PM

Paul.i got a fully loaded m6300 dell with Nvidia 3600.....