Issues with Blu-ray Menus Created with Encore CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 6th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #1
New Boot

Issues with Blu-ray Menus Created with Encore CS3

For some reason all of my menus on my Blu-ray disks (Verbatim, Sony, and Panasonic BD-R media) that I have created with Encore CS3 display incorrectly on my TV. A bit of background: I am using sd menu templates from Encore, burn with an LG writer, and playback on a LG Blu-ray player. I have even tried a Samsung player as well. The problem is that the selection highlights on the menus are misplaced. The button highlights will instead be over the text instead of next to it. They are not where they should be. However, when I took the different disks over to my in-laws and played them on their Samsung player and Samsung 720p LCD they display correctly. Any ideas? Thanks!
Robert Tomfohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #2
New Boot

Anybody have any ideas?
Robert Tomfohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Major Player

You need to do everything in HD, make sure when you open your project, set it to Blu-ray, use Blu-ray template because the size are larger than SD template, this is where I think your problem is.
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #4
Trustee

Khio's right. Although I don't know all that's going on "under the covers" in the world of BD, resolution is king. I'm not surprised that using SD source material for menus causes issues in HD.

Start HD and stay HD through the workflow and you should be fine. You might want to take the menus into Photoshop and converting them to 1920x1080.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #5
New Boot

Yep, it's definitely an issue with using a SD menu. I threw together an HD one and it worked perfect. Thanks for the input guys. However, I've got another problem with creating an a menu with the inverse trick (layer over a picture that disappears when highlighted).
Robert Tomfohr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring