Disney to go with Blu-Ray - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 8th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #16
Major Player

There were some other studios that announced Blu-Ray movies, but the Blu-Ray players won't be out for several more months.
Petr Marusek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #17
Wrangler

Blu-Ray Blues

http://www.forbes.com/technology/ent...aystation.html

Quote:
But the supposed reason for the delay raises as many questions as it answers. In February, Sony signed off on the specifications for AACS, the Blu-Ray copy-protection standard, and was ready to make licensing agreements with content producers. At the CeBIT technology show in Germany last week, Sony said it would be shipping VAIO computers with built-in Blu-ray drives by mid-2006, so why would the PS3 Blu-ray implementation take so much longer? Other companies seem to be on schedule with regard to the copy protection in Blu-ray.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #18
Major Player

Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5 offer HD DVD and Blu-Ray Disc support.

The first consumer authoring software to offer HD DVD and Blu-Ray Disc support. Capture, edit, author and burn HD content for the ultimate in picture and sound quality.
http://www.ulead.com/dmf/runme.htm
trial 81MB _http://ftp.ulead.com.tw/pub/Trial/Dmf5/dmf5_trialstn_e.exe
Serge Victorovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #19
Major Player

Sony unvails blu-ray player to ship July

Sony will ship the BDP-S1 Blu-ray player at a price around $1000. It'll play standard DV and uses HDMI connections to enhance the image.

Sony Vaio laptops will also feature Blu-ray drives. (Not sure if it offers burning capabilities.)

The BWU-100A is an internal drive that can burn a 25GB blu-ray disc in about 30 minutes as well as burn standard dvds. The price of this drive has not been announced yet.

Sony will do Blu-Ray demos at 32 Sony Style retail stores and is running a pre-launch Blu-Ray campaign at sonystyle.com

more info can be found from: http://www.homemediaretailing.com/in...=2&newsid=8792

Oh to be able to burn Blu-Ray or HD-DVD's!
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #20
Major Player

Worlds first note book with Blue Ray Burner

Sony releases worlds first note book computer with blue ray burner to sell later this summer. I wonder if it will edit 24p and how powerful it will really be, I did not see spec's on this system.
http://160.33.129.15/en/press_room/c...ase/22113.html
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #21
RED Code Chef

Editing doesn't have much to do with the hardware, that's mainly a software
thing. For discussion / rumours etc. on the laptop continue in the already
existing thread in our industry news forum:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=67519

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:57 AM   #22
MPS Digital Studios

CompUSA to sell Blu-Ray laptops, etc.

I saw this in my inbox.

hwm
Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Z1 footage in Blu-ray Disc

I am goning to edit my Z1 footage by Vegas and then put the file in Blu-ray disc. Hopefully, 2 hour 1080i footage could be stored in a 25GB Blu-ray disc.

My question is :
Could I play back this Blu-ray disc by future Blu-ray desk player?

Do I need a authoring software to output my 1080i file and then burn this file to Blu-ray disc?

I heard that Canopus Edius Pro is able to edit Z1 footage and then output the file with its authoring feature so that the file could be played back by future Blu-ray desk player. Is it correct?
Peter Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Robert
I heard that Canopus Edius Pro is able to edit Z1 footage and then output the file with its authoring feature so that the file could be played back by future Blu-ray desk player. Is it correct?
Edius Pro can edit and output 1080i HDV footage which should be trasferrable to Blu-ray discs in the future, but Edius doesn't currently support Blu-ray compatible disc authoring. Blu-ray authoring tools from any company are still in final development stages, so it may be a few more months before you can burn a fully playable Blu-ray disc.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #25
MPS Digital Studios

Pioneer to make Blu-Ray recorders

http://www.forbes.com/technology/fee...fx2791613.html

hwm
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #26
MPS Digital Studios

Blu-Ray today (6/20/06), players 6/25/06

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23649

heath
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:09 PM   #27
Major Player

Bluray Experience

Hey, don't know if this is the right place to post this, might have been the DVD section, but oh well.

Okay, earlier today my family and I were taking some visiting relatives around the new Ceasar's Palace Forum section here in Las Vegas and I decided to step into the SonyStyle store they had there, primarily to look at their 1080p HDTVs. As I walk in, I start looking around at all the "Click" promo stuff all around and the DVD-looking cases with blue tops catch my eye. I go over to look and, yes, they're Bluray movies, pretty good lineup too. I didn't know if they had really come out yet or not, now I know. I then asked one of the people there if they had any of the movies playing on the TVs and they had a Bluray demo they were showing and I could watch a little bit of one of the movies on their Bluray-capable laptops there. So I did and House of Flying Daggers probably wasn't the best movie to show on a cheesy VAIO laptop screen, looked pretty noisy to me. So then I go to look at the demo and I'm just blown away by the difference in image quality. Granted, they were showing me this on one of their top 1080p televisions, but in any case it looked cool.

The big difference I noticed was in background images and minor details. For instance, the demo showed an SD and HD comparison of the Hatori Hanzo scene from "Kill Bill". There was a curtain next to The Bride that showed extra folds and whisps in the HD that were not apparent in the SD DVD version, in the background the swords on the wall rack were more visible as well, there was also a lot less noise in the overall image.

Looking at the prices for the Bluray titles currently available, it was $30, but that's probably the SonyStyle pricing hike so it would be about $20-25 at Best Buy or somewhere else, basic new DVD pricing. They had recordable discs as well, $25.99 for a 25gb disc. Not bad, reminds me of the first DVD+RW discs back when we got recordable DVDs for the first time.

I haven't seen any HD-DVD displays up and running anywhere, maybe they'll have something at Fry's when I go this weekend. But in any case, Bluray is looking pretty darn good. Does anybody else have any opinions on this subject? Has anybody seen both and already made their own comparisons?
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:13 PM   #28
Regular Crew

I saw HD-DVD at my local Best Buy, my only point of reference was the HD I get off of my Satellite dish and my Sony HDV camera and it was certainly a cleaner picture than either of those.
John McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #29
MPS Digital Studios

Sony delays their Blu-Ray player

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23707

hwm
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Blu Ray for Film Festivals

I am writing a letter to movie makers all over Brazil as to decide on the best option
cost wise for a HD video format to be chosen as a standard in Brazil´s Film festivals. So
far the festivals here welcome video. But they are usually displayed in DVDs and Betacam.
These formats are far from ideal to be projected on a large screen. Initially I believe
Blu Ray would be an option if we compare to HDCAM or DVCPRO HD as the costs of
copying tapes and renting a player are not everyone´s cup of tea. I also welcome
sugestions on Instalation projectors to go along with. Thank you all in advance this site
is amazing.

Alexandre
Alexandre Lucena is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring